Microsoft and Xbox Live

Omar MSP

Contributor
:
Mazda Mazdaspeed Familia
i made a couple threads in regards to this, in different forums. so here it goes...

ok, here's what i want to say.

ps3 has the blue ray and the web browsing feature.

now, why can't microsoft put IE on Xbox Live as an app for download? they made this stuff! I don't understand why they drag there very own feet on something they've made. I can understand 3rd party apps and stuff, but cmon, you guys made this all happen! promote your own things!

we don't got blue ray or web browsing, don't get me wrong i love my 360 but being 0-2 on something thats a major plus in this day in age, microsoft is slacking.

just my opinion. i'd love to web browse on my big tv, im just saying. especially with that whole pc to tv thing they do, they can amp it up more.

whats your opinion?

When was the last time a PS3 owner used their machine for web browsing? I have an iPhone, a desktop, two notebooks and a PC on my TV. With all the options available these days, why would I limited myself to browsing through a video game console? Even if MS came out with IE for Xbox, I wouldn't use it.

IE on xbox would make buying their music, tv shows, and movies obsolete. Like was also stated i have a old gateway slim computer hooked up to my tv which allows me to do things the xbox couldnt do even if they included IE.

The Blu-ray things is a little tough since obviously it is a sony technology. xbox took the gamble with HD dvd and unfortunatly lost.

360 all the way for me, I have 2 laptops, and im goign to get another one to hook up to a TV.... so I DO NOT even use my 360 for movies or anything besides demo's and arcade games. (and reg. games)

Blu ray... I think MS desided not to go that route this system, I think they are building it into their next one (from what I have heard but I dont have links to them saying that because im lazy)

I have a 360 and PS3 and can honestly say I've never used the web browsing feature on my PS3 for the same reason everyone else stated, I have a laptop sitting right on my living room table. To be honest, I bought my 360 to play games...as long as it does that, I'm good.

When was the last time a PS3 owner used their machine for web browsing? I have an iPhone, a desktop, two notebooks and a PC on my TV. With all the options available these days, why would I limited myself to browsing through a video game console? Even if MS came out with IE for Xbox, I wouldn't use it.

lets see..... about 30min. ago.....
ps3 ftw

Putting IE on the 360 would make Microsoft compete with themselves. The 360 would become a cheap home theater computer that's the same price as Windows 7

Putting IE on the 360 would make Microsoft compete with themselves. The 360 would become a cheap home theater computer that's the same price as Windows 7

not exactly, for the fact that its already a profitable company. if it were a winning/losing risk, it'd be different. having IE would just bring a brighter side to the 360 and a better reason to continue to use the console like every other app it has already at its disposal.

Yeah, I guess a lot of PS3 owners would use their system for internet browsing....with the selection of PS3 exclusives lately it's not like they'd be playing games......

I kid, I kid.

yeah very true i was trying to think of stand out ps3 exclusives the other day. only things i came up with was little big planet, GT5 (when it comes out), and Uncharted

Square Enix is jumping ship with the new FF, Konami is going to be releasing a metal gear for the 360 and just about everything else is available across consoles

Back