MBC Issue

Ceasar1010

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003 and Miata STO 1997
I installed a MBC to dial down my boost from my WGA since it was doing 11PSI and giving super awesome fuel cut. No matter what i do it does the exact same thing. I didn't think this as a complicated device. No matter how far i turn it -- all the way to + or all the way to - its like i dont even have it installed

what size VAC hose should I be using from the WGA to the Intake Manifold could that be it?

before you up or decrease the boost i would make sure you are physically at a place with a dyno. As youre on the dyno adjust what needs to be adjusted. If not, major problems are going to possibly occur

On the note of the MBC... i went with a vibrant manual controller so i cant help you there... im sure someone on the forums used that certain one.

No boost controller will lower your boost below what the actuator rod is fixed at. Does your WGA have an adjustable rod or is it fixed? The OEM WGA has an adjustable rod, shortening the length increases and lengthening decreases boost. If your's is a fixed length rod then you are stuck. 6mm pressure hose or 1/4" will work. Feather the throttle versus mashing it to cut down on your fuel cut when the temps are cooler.

No boost controller will lower your boost below what the actuator rod is fixed at. Does your WGA have an adjustable rod or is it fixed? The OEM WGA has an adjustable rod, shortening the length increases and lengthening decreases boost. If your's is a fixed length rod then you are stuck. 6mm pressure hose or 1/4" will work. Feather the throttle versus mashing it to cut down on your fuel cut when the temps are cooler.

This makes sense. I should lengthen the ROD as much as I can, I replaced my WGA and I must have made it to long. After I do this I can adjust the boost better.

Back