Mazdaspeed Protege Build - Feels Good To Be Back

SS Split Second came in! Nice and fresh 😁

Feels like it's moving slow but it's moving along. Parts are trickling in.

Ordered a replacement panel because mine was missing the fuse cover.

20240919_153024.webp

20240919_153939.webp

I want to start a build list to help keep track of what I need to still get or possibly missing, or need to add to the list. I'm not going for an insane build (250-275hp).

137k on current motor.

Current List: Continually adding and adjusting.

Build List:
SSAFC
K1 H-Beam Rods
Wiseco Pistons ( Pending Bore )
Cometic Hg - (Br: 84mm - Thcks: .030)
AEM Wideband Air-Fuel
Pro Sport gauges: Oil press, Oil Temp,
Clevite Connecting Rod Bearings
ARP Head Studs - ARP Main Studs
Spec Stg 2 clutch
Welded LSD or M-Factory LSD
FMIC + Piping
GT2860RS
HKS Bov
Deatsch Werks 440cc injectors
Jay Racing High Flow Fuel Rail

Miscellaneous:
All Gaskets, Belts, water pump, timing belt, tensioner, ngk wires, spark plugs...

Last edited:
Got some extras in today. OEM Kenwood Deck and some oem replacement front seat covers.

It's so cool the condition this stuff is in. They may have a little wear and tear but its like stepping into a time machine. Finding and sourcing these parts given the age and exclusivity is definitely a high for me lol

I can't wait to start building the motor. But I also don't want to rush it, I am enjoying this steady climb.

So, my awr sway bar bushings replacement got lost and the mail. A few days past and soon to find out my left side headlight replacement got lost and the mail. What the hell! Lol, it's all sorted but man I didn't know it was like that...glad my other stuff came in the mail.
20240926_195956.webp

20240926_200057.webp

Last edited:
Ah just finding this thread and love it just clicked watch. Super cool to see you giving the car it needed rather than a Viking Funeral on blocks. Appreciate documenting it all on here, facebook is just not the same.

I want to start a build list to help keep track of what I need to still get or possibly missing, or need to add to the list. I'm not going for an insane build (250-275hp).

137k on current motor.

Current List: Continually adding and adjusting.

Build List:
SSAFC
K1 H-Beam Rods
Wiseco Pistons ( Pending Bore )
Cometic Hg - (Br: 84mm - Thcks: .030)
AEM Wideband Air-Fuel
Pro Sport gauges: Oil press, Oil Temp,
Clevite Connecting Rod Bearings
ARP Head Studs - ARP Main Studs
Spec Stg 2 clutch
Welded LSD or M-Factory LSD
FMIC + Piping
GT2860RS
HKS Bov
Deatsch Werks 440cc injectors
Jay Racing High Flow Fuel Rail

Miscellaneous:
All Gaskets, Belts, water pump, timing belt, tensioner, ngk wires, spark plugs...
I have a Turbolife FMIC, has some rust on the support bar, but can easily be sanded and re-painted. It's missing the last 90 degree pipe that goes to the throttle body. I've had this sitting in my garage for 2+ years now, It was a local Facebook Market find that I couldn't see get lost or parted for use on a different vehicle. Let me know if you might be interested, this would be a good FMIC for your project, arguably the best for the platform.

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_192047.webp
    IMG_20220629_192047.webp
    516.2 KB · Views: 1
Back