Mazdaspeed Miata

chrisjw85 said:
Well I'm just gonna come right out and say it. Why does the msm only do a 15.2(that's from car and driver? i dunno saw it in one of those magazines.) I would think at like 2500lbs and almost 180hp and what 170tq? it would be mid 14's.
I believe they were told not to beat on it as it was a p-type.

edit: Also I want a MSM Coupe!!!! Either way. MSM is still droolable by me.

s***, mazda sells you a MSP and says "ZOOM ZOOM" "Race-car inspired suspension" "turbo-charged power"......don't race it.

Now if mazda says" go easy on it" then we're in a world of hurt. Although the stock Miata is pretty boost friendly, I wonder if they forged the internals.

True. Also if they were told not to beat on it hard then that could leave room for some better numbers...

I thought the Miata block has always been set, since the old days, to be turboed? Didn't it have everything already set for boost such as internals, etc? I'm sorry I am learning about my Mazda's but I believe I read that somewhere from here.

My wife and I put down a deposit onan MSM today. We really like the looks and interior, but the fit is VERY tight for me... long body, short legs= no headroom...

In fact, we also went and looked at a used MR Spyder as well, and it was a much better fit for me. If C&D was right, it's almost as fast as the MSM as well...

Now we need to make a decision: 26K for the MSM or 16K for a 2002 MRS...

Of course, you must remember that we WILL be autoxing whatever we buy, and I doubt the MSM will be very competitive in the class where it's going: BS, to take on the (old) S2000, (old) M3, Boxster and 350Z...

Turbo Matty P said:
s***, mazda sells you a MSP and says "ZOOM ZOOM" "Race-car inspired suspension" "turbo-charged power"......don't race it.

Now if mazda says" go easy on it" then we're in a world of hurt. Although the stock Miata is pretty boost friendly, I wonder if they forged the internals.
the 1.8L engine doesn't need much forged internals if it's running 8.5 psi of boost (this will be production boost 'cause they're replacing the IHI ball-bearing w/ a non ball-bearing IHI, but still same horsepower and torque). FMII turbo kit still runs on stock internals. but they did beef up the drivetrain and stuff. shot-peened tranny, better LSD, heavier-duty clutch. but i don't exactly remember what the word was on forged internals...

Ever drive a MSP?? They are hella fun on a road course. On a tight course it's damn hard to get around the MSP. I can only imagine how strong a contender the MSM will be now that they've tweaked the suspension and added $25% more power. Why cant't it compete??

Anyone know the date for release of the MSM? Just wondering b/c I have been wanting to see one and I know my bro was thinking about getting one. Going to start the Mazdaspeed family collection. I'd have to say getting the MSP was the best decision I ever made.

mspdfreak said:
The big deal? Estimated $42,600 for the 400hp badboy.
Hmmm.....coulda swore the 390hp were about the same..... but whatever floats your boat.. Its still a rugstain.

EDIT.... Hey MazdaSpeed1 have you hit the Illinois forum? theres a meet planned for may 23

Turbo Matty P said:

If memory serves me, the original Miata motor was based on the 1.6 B6. The B6 was pretty stout. I had a B6T (turbo) in my 323 GTX. That motor had oil squirters for the undersides of the pistons, etc. Damn stout motor. Still a bunch of them running big boost and running strong. How much of this carried over to the Miata for the 1.6 and then 1.8 version, I'm not sure.

i think in the 1.8 they took out those squirters for underneath the pistons...not sure tho. i remember reading the history of this engine and that's what i think i read. if there's an engine that's nearly as old as the BP series, it's the FS. wouldn't it be cool to have BPTs in the 3rd gen proteges instead of the FS-DE ? would make everything so much easier...

MazdaSpeeder00 said:
Hmmm.....coulda swore the 390hp were about the same..... but whatever floats your boat.. Its still a rugstain.
Oh, it may be 390hp, it's just that I was saying the big deal is that it's $42,600!! Ain't no 'stang worth that much!

mspdfreak said:
Oh, it may be 390hp, it's just that I was saying the big deal is that it's $42,600!! Ain't no 'stang worth that much!
A Saleen is!
I cant wait to see what Saleen does with the new Stang!
I love Rustangs!
I guess I should I owned 5!
Matt

mspdfreak said:
Oh, agreed! I personally hate f*ckstaings because everywhere you turn, you see one.. Whats the point in that....but some people lack originallity and I feel sorry for them.

Latest posts

Back