Mazdaspeed Intake labor cost?

chufa

I recently inquired during my dealer service about purchasing a Mazdaspeed intake for my MS3. They quoted me something like $320 part plus $360 labor. Is the labor that much? Looks liek they are charging me for a 4 hour job.

you should really just do it yourself.

its way more satisfying, its not very hard, and is a great learning experience.

+1 Just do it yourself. If you twiddled your thumbs for 45 minutes, you could still finish in under 2 hours...

I recently inquired during my dealer service about purchasing a Mazdaspeed intake for my MS3. They quoted me something like $320 part plus $360 labor. Is the labor that much? Looks liek they are charging me for a 4 hour job.

WTF! (attn) dats a rip of man!!! i'll do it or u 4 half the price!!
It's definitely a do it your-self thing!!! its super easy to do! take just some time and patience! but def. dont pay to get it done!
i've done over 5 cars of my own Including to Mazda3

to late, mazda issued a stop sell on the cai, search the forum, there is a thread about it..

Do the work yourself it's not hard. Took me a little longer cuz I didn't take off the bumper. Injen sells a good value intake. easy install etc. Dont' go through the dealer, it's generally a waste.

Installing a CAI isn't hard at all... definitely take the word of these other fella's and do it yourself. It'll save you a buttload of cash, and the experience is good too.

+1 on the do it yourself, plus the sense of accomplishment you'll feel afterwards makes it totally worth the effort and limited guesswork, AND you'll save a ton of money!

Also, I suggest not getting the mazdaspeed cai, why not get a k&n if you're going to spend that much money? I think mazda might even not void you're warranty with the AEM one, but I'm not sure, call you're dealer and find out first.

it all depends on the dealership.. if they want to be a dick they can void it for changing the color of the vacum hoses..

Do it your self man. You don't have to take off the bumper just unscrew all the screws so u can move it out a bit and have room to take the stock s*** out. You will appreciate your car more because you did it your self. You are getting ripped off BAD. Intake is an easy install.

Back