Mazdaspeed Clutch for Mazda3 NOW IN STOCK!!!

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Parts computer revealed today that Mazda finally made available the first batch of Mazdaspeed clutches for the 3. So I bought them all :D The clutch set is complete and comes with directions. This clutch will work on either the 2.0 or 2.3 engines.

I have already sold one and the others will not last long. Price is $299 with FREE SHIPPING. There are dealers quoting $379 on this. Get it while its hot!

http://www.mazda3online.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_156&products_id=451
ms3clutch.JPG

what is the power rating for this clutch? I have a clutch I have kind of ordered and need to sell soon because its power rating is only 270 hp and that isnt good for hiboost. I am thinking of getting spec stage 3, but not if this has a good enough power rating.

tphskab said:
what is the power rating for this clutch? I have a clutch I have kind of ordered and need to sell soon because its power rating is only 270 hp and that isnt good for hiboost. I am thinking of getting spec stage 3, but not if this has a good enough power rating.

the disc and pressure plate will more than handle the hiboost turbo kit. I do not have exact numbers for it but I am aware that the disc and pressure plate are more durable than the forthcoming ACT piece.

Captain KRM P5 said:
the disc and pressure plate will more than handle the hiboost turbo kit. I do not have exact numbers for it but I am aware that the disc and pressure plate are more durable than the forthcoming ACT piece.

Sounds good, but I am not sure I could make a $300 purchase without knowing the rating. Is there any way you could get it for me?

tphskab said:
Sounds good, but I am not sure I could make a $300 purchase without knowing the rating. Is there any way you could get it for me?

I can try but getting information much less parts from Mazdaspeed Motorsports is like pulling teeth.

The ACT stage one clutch is rated around 260 lb/ft of torque and just by looking at the materials between the two it is safe to say that this clutch is much better.

I got an email from a guy at sr motorsports saying the act clutch is 270 hp, and I plan on pushing my car harder than I shuold and will probably run the hiboost kit at 10 psi, which means i need AT LEAST 300 hp rating. thats why I am leaning toward spec

Definately a great price, and if I can get a power rating this is DEFINATELY what I am getting! (yippy)

tphskab said:
Definately a great price, and if I can get a power rating this is DEFINATELY what I am getting! (yippy)

I made alot of phone calls today and finally got someone who knew about mazdaspeed parts. I told him what your application and expected power was and he said the clutch would be more than able to take it. The disc itself is kevlar reinforced and is designed for a WRC style race application. as for exact numbers he did not have them in front of him.

Captain KRM P5 said:
I made alot of phone calls today and finally got someone who knew about mazdaspeed parts. I told him what your application and expected power was and he said the clutch would be more than able to take it. The disc itself is kevlar reinforced and is designed for a WRC style race application. as for exact numbers he did not have them in front of him.

Great product, great price, even better than great customer service.....why cant all vendors be like you????

wow that sounds good, i never wanted to buy ms parts because i always thought they were overpriced but this is a good deal, what stage would this be equivilent to from another manufacturer? or atleast how would the feel of my clutch change with this clutch? I am looking to stay na for now and i dont a gorilla clutch would this suit me?

ultimazda3 said:
wow that sounds good, i never wanted to buy ms parts because i always thought they were overpriced but this is a good deal, what stage would this be equivilent to from another manufacturer? or atleast how would the feel of my clutch change with this clutch? I am looking to stay na for now and i dont a gorilla clutch would this suit me?

this is well suited to your N/A application and would provide firmer pedal feel and the clutch would grab sooner. the clutch is a step above an ACT or equivalant stage 1 clutch, so two stages so to speak above stock. But thats really not the best way to compare clutches.

MazdaSpeed Flywheel AND short shifters are now also avliable. the flywheel is a Chome-Moly Steel unit, it weighs 6.3kg.
I do not have much info on the short shifter, other than that it is avliable, it looks like a B&M unit, and is very high quality.

and just a reminder Mazda3online is currently one of the ONLY places to get the mazdaspeed clutch for your 3, out of the 3 unsold units in the states Ken is the holder of 2 of them, the third lies on a shelf at a dealer somewhere in california

Unless you are going to launch at redline I think 270hp will be enough.

Think about it. The peak Horspower range is up in the 6k range.
You dont put much work into the clutch because you are off the gas going into the shift. But If you launch above 5K you could have a problem.

Am I wrong?

Back