Mazdaspeed Axleback for P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNO

I've had the axleback on the P5 since 02. I recently had my cat so bad. While unbolting it, I bent the flange on the pipe behind the cat. That gave me an excuse to get a cat-back, so I bought a Magnaflow system.

The axleback shows some signs of aging. A few years ago, one of the studs broke on the axleback, so I drilled holes into the flange. 3/8" grade 8 bolts did a great job in securing it. The bottom of the tip has a scrape on it. For some reason, my camera put a yellow tint in the center of the pics, there isn't a yellow tint to the tip and muffler.

Asking $90 shipped (US lower 48).

Mods -- Sorry I left out an "a" in "Mazdas247.com".

2011-11-25_18-27-55_713.jpg

2011-11-25_18-29-13_372.jpg

2011-11-25_18-30-01_24.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy, just yesterday I was wondering if you were still around! Do you still have the P5 and the GTP (did you ever get it running)? Shoot me a message!

Please forgive a noob question, is this exhaust different than what is on the regular P5? Would this be a direct bolt on?

Please forgive a noob question, is this exhaust different than what is on the regular P5? Would this be a direct bolt on?
I believe the pipe diameter is the same as stock. It's a higher flowing and subsequently louder muffler. The tip is larger than stock with a rolled tip.

The toughest part of the install is removing the old one from the exhaust hangers.

I am definately interested, I am going to wait until I get all my new parts on and make sure everything else is good to go, if so I'll probably pop on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back