Mazda3 Press Photos

:
1999 Mazda Protege "Sport20" FS-ZE swap
http://media.mazda.ch/dossiers/Mazda3/Photo3-D.htm

MAZDA3_CD2_05b.jpg

MAZDA3_CD2_31b.jpg

I like it a lot. But I think the hatch needs the spoiler on the rear. It just looks naked back there to my eye.

I love the see-through front end on the sedan :D . Actually, I like the sedan styling quite a lot, even if it does resemble the Jetta (which I also like the looks of). That red color is interesting, but I want to see the hatch in Classic Red and in person before I can really decide on that one.

I like the look of the sedan much better then the wagon.
The rear of the wagon is just lacking character, although I like the lights intergrated in the rear bumber. Maybe the spoiler like TexP5 said would add some character, but otherwise it looks too much like a Focus. The interior is very sharp, especially the hide away NAV. IMO though it lacks uniformity, the gauge cluster is very modern and agressive like the Matrix, but the center console and shifter is very refined like something you would find in a luxary car. The two just don't go together. I dunno, I am torn, but I think the M6 Wagon first. It cannot be that much more then the 6 sedan. With the redesign, I bet the M3 will carry a price 10 - 15% over the P5.

The cabin area looks like its from a 3 series bmw. Very cool. Not sure how I like the back though. Front is nifty, its no protege fascia but still cool.
Moose

price will be the deciding factor to if I made the right decision getting the speed.

I wonder how much the speed version of this car is going to be because I think it's going to look wild.

As for the dash, I'm also split. I'm not sure if I like the center console. The 6 does nothing for me. I hated the stereo layout, and the red display looked cheap. Now it's in the protege...wonderful. How do we put a stereo in that thing?

I like the sedan more...the 5door looks strange....almost like the vibe/matrix. I like the interior a lot....very mazda 6 like.

oh, and just one more thing.

when the @#$% are they ever going to make a damn coupe again? I don't want 4 doors

Back