Mazda2 Click Feeling in the Clutch Pedal

16vPete

Throttle-Lift-Oversteer
:
2014 Mazda2 Sport
Maybe I'm a little too particular (or neurotic) about bumps, rattles, etc. but I've noticed an increase in the frequency of a click feeling (and sound) when I come on and off the clutch. It only happens when I come off it a certain way (such as pushing more down to the floor than in towards the firewall). I'd say it happens when the pedal is about 40% pushed in.

Is this something to be concerned about? If so, should I just have the dealer take a look or could I attack it myself?

Maybe give it some time and see if it persists before taking it in or trying to self-diagnose. Feeling it through the pedal might mean something is amiss, though. Warranty ftw!

Last edited:
Mine does that too. I assume it probably has something to do with the switch built in that's for cruise control and safety when starting the vehicle

Maybe I'm a little too particular (or neurotic) about bumps, rattles, etc. but I've noticed an increase in the frequency of a click feeling (and sound) when I come on and off the clutch. It only happens when I come off it a certain way (such as pushing more down to the floor than in towards the firewall). I'd say it happens when the pedal is about 40% pushed in.

Is this something to be concerned about? If so, should I just have the dealer take a look or could I attack it myself?
If you look under the dashboard trim at your clutch pedal you will see that the clutch slave rod sits on a steel shaft and it doesn’t have anything holding it in place and can slide sideways over time causing the clicking noise there is a modification kit on eBay for about £6 and easily fit able for the average D.I.Y. er I made one myself and clicking all gone hope this helps somebody.

Back