Mazda Speed 3 Problems.

pearlms3

:
MazdaSpeed 3
Hello i bought a ms3 2008 with 500 miles out of the showroom, looked like a nice good car, but the truth is that it`s been problem after problem. The car is completly stock except is 3`inch from the downpipe to the stock muffler. Im a technician an this is not my first turbo car is my 3rd, so operator error is completly out of the question. The car has never been redline at all besides after 5800 rpm it falls out of boost anyways an i barely race it.

Stock turbo started smoking with 8k miles. The second 3200 after 11200 miles two blown turbos, the downpipe started making noises, they fixed it but is doing it again, the radio was mest up from the first day, it would play vocal but no bass. The center caps on the wheels keep falling off an the rims are in perfect shape 0 scratches, the camber in the back is extremly positive which has wear off my tires, my rear wiper sprayer doesnt work, my headlight get humidity inside but they say is normal, the shifter has been replace twice this would be the third , it bends an it wont go down to reverse it has to be punch down an pulled up. The springs in the driver seat sound like a car from the 80`s an the suspension bushings are starting to make noises. The car has been well mantain , mobil one full synthetic every 3k no exception an is turbo timed every time . Im so dissapointed i cant believe i traded my srt for this bunch of problems.

DOES ANYONE HAD ANY OF THESE OR I JUST PICKED THE BAD APPLE (pissed):mad:

Last edited:
bad apple man, really sry to hear. I got 11k on mine and its running beautifully. Ive got mods (below if you care) and everythings running great, never falls out of boost and i redline it all the time. Ive had absolutely none of the problems you said xept my radio was blasting bass and then quiet again but turns out defective radio which i got replaced. Once again, sry bout ur loss, but I really believe you got a bad one.

bad apple man, really sry to hear. I got 11k on mine and its running beautifully. Ive got mods (below if you care) and everythings running great, never falls out of boost and i redline it all the time. Ive had absolutely none of the problems you said xept my radio was blasting bass and then quiet again but turns out defective radio which i got replaced. Once again, sry bout ur loss, but I really believe you got a bad one.

Im dying to mod it i had a full bolt on srt 4 an this car stock vs stock pulls on srts so i wanna see what it can do full bolt on but with all these problems i need my warranty, i got a lot of student loan to pay cant afford to fix the car every week.

Id look up some of the Lemon laws and see if your entitled to fight to get all the issues fixed, or a refund for the car. your in FL, so heres your link:
www. yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/florida.htm

you may think its alot to read but it may get you the means of having your problems fixed

You should really get that thing under the Lemon cause it's one hell of a sour one. I just hope it does not leave a bad taste. Good luck with your car and hope you get a new one.

Sounds like your car was built on a Friday. Ive never had any of the problems you stated and mine is an 08 also with 5000mi. Look into Lemon Laws and see what can be done, but if its just a bunch of little stuff that doesnt down the car for long periods of time you just may have to live with it or trade it in. Sorry dude.

I got my 09 OTD with 16 miles on it. No problems to note and I'm at 3500 miles. I think you got a bad one. Someone really beat the hell out of it for 500 miles straight. The one here on our showroom was a 8.5 siliver and had 650ish miles and there were scratches in the paint from all the kids dragging their hands and toy cars along the paint. You can totally tell, because of the drifter marks..lol.

I would never buy off the showroom floor. Everyone and their mother has sat in it, played with it, s*** in it, and got bored waiting for their service and ****** with it.

Hello i bought a ms3 2008 with 500 miles out of the showroom, looked like a nice good car, but the truth is that it`s been problem after problem. The car is completly stock except is 3`inch from the downpipe to the stock muffler. Im a technician an this is not my first turbo car is my 3rd, so operator error is completly out of the question. The car has never been redline at all besides after 5800 rpm it falls out of boost anyways an i barely race it.

Stock turbo started smoking with 8k miles. The second 3200 after 11200 miles two blown turbos, the downpipe started making noises, they fixed it but is doing it again, the radio was mest up from the first day, it would play vocal but no bass. The center caps on the wheels keep falling off an the rims are in perfect shape 0 scratches, the camber in the back is extremly positive which has wear off my tires, my rear wiper sprayer doesnt work, my headlight get humidity inside but they say is normal, the shifter has been replace twice this would be the third , it bends an it wont go down to reverse it has to be punch down an pulled up. The springs in the driver seat sound like a car from the 80`s an the suspension bushings are starting to make noises. The car has been well mantain , mobil one full synthetic every 3k no exception an is turbo timed every time . Im so dissapointed i cant believe i traded my srt for this bunch of problems.

DOES ANYONE HAD ANY OF THESE OR I JUST PICKED THE BAD APPLE (pissed):mad:

I and most owners don't have any of those problems. That cars sounds like a recovery of some sort. With 500 miles, the car most likely experienced significant damage and was repaired by the dealer under the radar. Since you're a technician, you know you can inspect all parts to ensure the VIN ID's match up and are clearly marked. I would also open up a complaint with Mazda USA on the vehicle. You'll want that on record well before the warranty expiration.

At this point, it "might" make sense to get an extended warranty or sell the car. Good luck.

I'm having bushing noises, but that's because of the very cold weather (and that shouldn't be an excuse anyway, those bushings should be quiet no matter what). As for the headlight condensation, it's not normal; tons and tons of design goes into headlights, mainly so that you don't get condensation inside. They usually have a vent hole with a GoreTex patch that helps the moisture wick out. In any case, I'd get on the dealer for that one.

As for the rest, sounds like you're just having bad luck. You might not want to keep that one past warranty...

sounds like the dealer didn't even maintain it or do any tsb work on it. Or their tech just sucks.

what weight oil you use? Some people (even the tech at the dealer) get confused in the manual and use 5w20.

I also heard a catch can, can fix the smoking issue.

Half this persons complaints that the dealer is supposedly saying are normal haven't happened to anybody else. I'm calling troll.

Back