Mazda Nav is so stupid sometimes

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I tried to enter a destination address and the stupid Mazda nav just can't figure it out. Even though I put in a NJ zip code it thinks it is in NY, and then it says it is 16 miles away (spin). I will have to bring my portable GPS for navigation to this particular address. Also there is no way to put in desired streets on the Mazda nav that I can find. It is sometimes worse than a 2001 navigation system. Rant over :)

It is worse than the factory Alpine nav in my 2000 Acura. I had my phone mounted on the windshield of my Mazda until Android Auto became available.

Just reminded me to update my map before my time period runs out

dang i stopped using the mazda NAV long time ago since getting carplay, however the factory navigation is still a lot better than some of the ones i've used from other manufacturers. Have you tried entering in State first instead of Zip? i never entered zipcode before, only state -> city -> streetname -> house number..worked fine everytime.
Now it's just enter address on waze, and off i go. saves me previous 2 mins =P

You have to select country, first, then the zip code, if you're navigating to another state. I had the same issue when I tried an out-of-state zip code for the first time

Back