Mazda MX-30 sales drop to eight units in July 2022

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Mazda MX-30 sales drop to eight units in July 2022

941D7CD4-7162-43DC-BF2A-54E966FA540A.jpeg

Mazda made a compliance EV vehicle, 30k+ for a vehicle with only 100 miles range is a shake my head move but again it's a compliance vehicle. Mazda needed to meet certain government mandate on Auto manufacturers having a certain amount of Alternative Fueled vehicles on dealer lots.

Mazda made a compliance EV vehicle, 30k+ for a vehicle with only 100 miles range is a shake my head move but again it's a compliance vehicle. Mazda needed to meet certain government mandate on Auto manufacturers having a certain amount of Alternative Fueled vehicles on dealer lots.

Even knowing that, it's still pretty sad. I love the interior, but for a compliance car/first entry into the EV segment, they should have ditched some of the niceties for a bigger battery pack and more range. I think maybe Mazda overestimated the appeal of using green materials.

Ouch, sad as I think the MX-30 is a very intriguing vehicle and I really like it...Let's keep in mind that the MX-30 sells in other markets (hopefully better), that said...The North American market is really key for Mazda as this is not a good start for this relatively recent addition to the lineup.

Despite this news, I'm confident Mazda will eventually offer EVs that match or surpass the popularity of their mainstream "ICE" models. Imagine a Japanese EV that is beautifully designed, practical and fun to drive! You can do it Mazda, don't let us down!

Ouch, sad as I think the MX-30 is a very intriguing vehicle and I really like it...Let's keep in mind that the MX-30 sells in other markets (hopefully better), that said...The North American market is really key for Mazda as this is not a good start for this relatively recent addition to the lineup.

Despite this news, I'm confident Mazda will eventually offer EVs that match or surpass the popularity of their mainstream "ICE" models. Imagine a Japanese EV that is beautifully designed, practical and fun to drive! You can do it Mazda, don't let us down!
They could partner with Toyota and have their own version of bZ4x/Subaru Solterra but with added style and zoom zoom; but not sure Toyota and Subaru want a "ménage à trois". They could call it MX-50 and get rid of the ugly black fender trim and put bigger motors!

I've been looking at mainstream EVs for a while and they all have their pros and cons. Price, ground clearance, no rear wiper, etc. In a perfect world, you would take the best features of the ID4 (cheapest AWD, electric windshield defroster, rear wiper)/EV6/Ioniq5 (class leading range and power) bZ4x/Solterra (high ground clearance, radiant heat for legs & feet).

Back