Mazda extended warranty for CX-90

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Has anyone purchased a mazda extended warranty for their CX-90. How long can you extend it years and miles and how much does it cost with 100 and o deductible options.

Talk to your salesperson. Ask for MSRP of any plan you like.
Know that the invoice is 50% (or so) of that.
Negotiate from there.

Thanks for the info. Has anyone else on here gotten the extension? I was hoping that someone would have purchased the 9yr 100k mile and would share the price. I also read somewhere that they extended it another year to 10/100, any truth to that. Thanks again.

These policies are HIGHLY negotiable....search the internet for dealers out there that will discount. Since I leased mine, I won't need a policy as I will get a new one in 3 years anyway.

I purchased ext warranty on a '05 Prius. (new tech, I worried about it).
The MSRP was $1440. I got a deal for $750 from a remote Toyota dealer who sold ext warranty online.... so, I am pretty sure about the "50%" estimate of their profit margin.

The MSRP was $1440. I got a deal for $750 from a remote Toyota dealer who sold ext warranty online.... so, I am pretty sure about the "50%" estimate of their profit margin.
What was the ROI of the warranty? Did you win, lose, break even?

50% is about right as far a "max discount" goes, IME. When I bought my CX-9, I negotiated to 50% for the extended warranty. Back when I used to sell electronics at a big box store, warranties could be discounted down to 50% of the listed price.

Keep in mind that these products are neither a warranty nor extend anything.* They are prepaid repair contracts. Contract law is not as beneficial to the consumer as warranty law. As a contract they cover exactly what the fine print in the contract says IF you follow all the requirements they place on you. So...buy it for peace of mind if that's what you want. Buy only the contract from the manufacturer, never a 3rd party underwriter. Read all the contract fine print within the short return period and decide if you agree to what it says. Do negotiate hard for the best price. These things are the best ever retail item...zero inventory cost, never go stale, zero carrying cost for the seller, pure profit beyond the wholesale cost, pay for it only after it sells. Try a different dealer from the one you buy the car from...they have everything to gain by selling the contract for anything above their cost. The so-called finance manager is paid only on commission, so his slice of the profit of this contract, no matter how thin, is better than nothing.

*Mazda Financial sells the Vehicle Service Agreements. The word "warranty" is used only when referring to the original factory warranty, and never for the VSA. It would be fraud if a VSA was called a warranty.

Thanks for the info. Has anyone else on here gotten the extension? I was hoping that someone would have purchased the 9yr 100k mile and would share the price. I also read somewhere that they extended it another year to 10/100, any truth to that. Thanks again.
I bought my cx90 PP PHEV today and initially said no to the 9/100k. She lowered it to 1900 and I said yes.

Back