Mazda CX5 Cargo Storage Shelf (2018-2021)

I am enjoying the back and forth here ;) You can afford $30k+ for a CX-5 but a $200 shelf is a point of contention...
Since you asked.......I never bought this often used argument. I can afford a $400,000 house but I'm not going to spend $900 on a Weber Grill. I can afford a $700 phone but won't spend $80 on a case when a $25 one will do. I can definitely afford a $2.00 can of Soda but won't pay that much for it at a Shell gas station. So it's not a stretch to say that a $200 shelf is a point of contention

Yes, I find it very useful for my case. As I have mentioned, I store away stuff that I don’t take out often and it does a nice job storing the items hidden very well!
Looks pretty good.

I found the price for a replacement OEM cargo compartment for the 2009vSaturn Vue was over $600! Just the way it is.

It does look nice, and just the kind of gadget I always look for. But I'm taking stuff in and out, taking off the shade, and have odd sized stuff that I'd have to move it too often. Kind of like the cool console organizer, it would get in my way more than help - I just want one big ol' cavernous bin

Since you asked.......I never bought this often used argument. I can afford a $400,000 house but I'm not going to spend $900 on a Weber Grill. I can afford a $700 phone but won't spend $80 on a case when a $25 one will do. I can definitely afford a $2.00 can of Soda but won't pay that much for it at a Shell gas station. So it's not a stretch to say that a $200 shelf is a point of contention
Following the logic of the cheaper phone case why not then purchase a used beater car for $500 that does the same thing?

Following the logic of the cheaper phone case why not then purchase a used beater car for $500 that does the same thing?
Cost/benefit
Value logic.

Buy the nice phone, buy value accessories instead of the high priced ones, use the savings to buy the other useful things you need or invest the difference.

Same with the car. Pack as much punch as you can into your upgrades and accessories. Get the most value for your $$.

Unless of course you're a Mellon, Rockefeller, Buffet, Gates, Musk or Kardashian then buy what ya want.

Most of us aren't.

For those of you who see value in the shelf, it is very nice but it is just way overpriced for some of us...most of that is pure profit for the seller... Would venture to guess at least $180 profit on a $230 shelf.

For those of you who like it and can afford it and find value in it, that's great. It's sleek and functional and keeps with the looks of the car.

For the rest of us, we'll pass as it's overvalued.
Maybe when the price drops to $50.

Thanks to you for the idea of the Plano sports Tote as an alternative option.

Also, thanks to Robotmusic for trying this shelf out and posting pics. It's great to see new products to decide for ourselves if we need/want one.

Last edited:
Back