Mazda 3speed 2.3t in a Mazda 3 sedan

redjello

:
Mazda 3 2.3 s
Hi was wondering if anyone has ever done a 6 speed swap with the 2.3t motor into a sedan I see to many speed3 around my area and wana be different was just wondering if the 6 speed tarrany and motor would bolt right in to my factory 3sedan with the 2.3 in it already also its a 2007 my car

Has it been done, yes.

Is it time/cost effective? Hell No.

The wiring harness and body control module have to be retroed, which ratchets up the difficulty and involves pulling the dash to get the harness swapped out. If you search, Car and Driver (I believe) did this swap in a Mazda 5 (same procedure necessary for a 3) and it wasn't fun from the sound of it.

On the other hand, the 3's 2.3 3ngine can reliably eat 5-8 psi of boost, the turbo system can be swapped over, options are out there to go standalone on the ECU or reprogram the stock ECU, and the six speed tranny can indeed be bolted to the NA 2.3's engine.

Will the stock motor handle it after 100,000 miles though that's the thing I was wondering about

Will the stock motor handle it after 100,000 miles though that's the thing I was wondering about and is there a company that makes a kit for it

Tripoint is a good option, probably the last/best/only. If you want to DIY, Mazdaspeed 3 turbo components (manifold, turbo, downpipe) can be retro'd to the 2.3 NA motor, and you could either run low boost (5 psi max) and richen up the fuel mixture a bit or do a front mount (have your own pipes bent, any fab shop can handle that) and work out your own tuning. Believe a guy at the other Mazda 3 forum boosted his 2.3 for around $2500 or so, until his auto tranny took a crap on him. On the other end of the spectrum, there's okellyr with a built motor, Speed tranny, reflashed ecu, still tuning but it's gonna be a beast when it's finished.

Back