Has anyone been able to cancel the "scam" prepaid maintenance from the dealer?

I just bought my first car which is a Mazda 3 sedan a couple of days ago. After reading on the internet and on this webboard, I found out that I was basically scammed by the "prepaid maintenance" service. which is $1,488 for 3 years or 36k miles.

I have read on the Mazda financial website saying that "You can cancel your Prepaid Maintenance Plan within the first 30 days for a full refund if no benefits have been paid." I just wonder if anyone has been able to cancel this package with the Mazda dealership. Is there any trick or advice for canceling this?

I know I learned the lesson the hard way. Since it's my first car purchasing and without any guidance apart from researching by myself on the internet. I wish I have found this webboard before my purchasing.

PS. My dealership was Fremont Mazda, California.

You should have been given a series of options (coating, maintenance plan, extended warranty, GAP coverage) and they can be declined. Your salesperson should have made it clear that they were options. Did they?

Yeah, I did a mistake not declining it. Any suggestion @N7turbo ?
What are the details? It might not be a "scam" if you actually use it. When we bought a CX-5 that was the one option I accepted because I did the math and it was cheaper to pre-pay than pay the regular rate for the service every time. It was much less than $1400, though. What does it include?
These are generally non-transferable so you have to be sure you'll keep the car that long and you risk losing the value if you total your car or somehow are not able to use all the services (like if limited to Mazda dealer and you move somewhere not close to a dealer, if you end up not driving many miles and have less need for oil changes, etc).
I would say we got our money's worth out of it (bought 4 years ago), but we knew we'd still have the car, were not moving, dealership was convenient, etc, so for 3 years we had no routine maintenance costs, just have to learn to say "no" when you bring it in and they suggest a lot of optional services (know the maintenance sched of the car, keep up with easy stuff like air filters yourself, etc).

So rate is $1,500 for 5 oil changes? Maybe one air/cabin fitler? That is ridiculous. Here I thought the $250 they sneak on for 3 oil changes was high.

Of course don't forget about $500 nitrogen refill package. LOl like we love to waste our time, driving THAT one dealer. Then wait in line for them to add it.

Can't wait till July when new law on all this junk thing is ban. The lobbying from dealer are trying their best to block it.

When I leased my car Dec 13, 2021, they said they were giving me free prepaid maintenance and a free coatingvprotection package.
I just bought my first car which is a Mazda 3 sedan a couple of days ago. After reading on the internet and on this webboard, I found out that I was basically scammed by the "prepaid maintenance" service. which is $1,488 for 3 years or 36k miles.

I have read on the Mazda financial website saying that "You can cancel your Prepaid Maintenance Plan within the first 30 days for a full refund if no benefits have been paid." I just wonder if anyone has been able to cancel this package with the Mazda dealership. Is there any trick or advice for canceling this?

I know I learned the lesson the hard way. Since it's my first car purchasing and without any guidance apart from researching by myself on the internet. I wish I have found this webboard before my purchasing.

PS. My dealership was Fremont Mazda, California.

I LEASED my 2021 Mazda. C x five on december thirteenth two thousand twenty one. When I went into the dealership, I had a credit score of 709. They told me what my payment would be, And when I went back to pick up the car. They said that they had to raise the payment thirty dollars, Because my credit score wasn't at least 749 They told me to make up for it. They would give me free prepaid maintenance. And that coding package as a courtesy. Recently, when they started harassing me about early termination of lease and offering me to drive away in the same car three years newer, AT NOB XTRA COST, NO TERMINATION FEES, ET , no adding payments onto new lease, I went into the dealer to talk. The first thing they did was ask me to put down the $7395 they alleged I gave them "in cash," which I knew I hadn't done. I only gave them like registration And first payment. The $7395 they had credited me with the value of my trade in over the residual because of the covid related car shortage. So when I went To read through my contracts to see what they were talking about. I found out that they had put those things on the contract when I signed for my lease on an ipad. They had told me I had to sign for it because they were giving it to me in order to make it legitimate. That was $380 for the protection package and 600 prepaid maintenance. They had asked me if I had wanted to buy them when I went in in the first place. And I said no. Because I was just getting back on my feet after having lost my job and moved, And that I wasn't paying for any extras at all. So they took what I signed 42 receive that and charged me for it. I've raised a freaking stink. They gave me the $380 back right away. I am supposed to be getting a check fir $600 cut by next week, I think.

When I read the complete contract, they had time stamped it after 11:30 PM the same day of the sale, but Ieft before 8 p.m. . Looks like they doctored the contract before I signed it. Don't take anything even if they say it's free. Refuse to sign on an IPad. Insist on a paper contract. If I don't get my money back I am going to edit this post with the name of the dealer in the Philly suburbs. What's really sad is I'm a minister. When I went in to sign the contract and pick up the car, I was wearing my clergy collar, And they still swindled me. As for the $7395, the sales manager admitted their mistake, ywt Every month since I went in to see if I could do an early trade at their initiative, they still send me an electronic offer with the same terms as if I had given them cash. I'm waiting until the end of this lease to turn in or buy, which I may be forced to do since they are trying to bilk me of $7395 down or having to pay at least $200 more in payment on a new lease. I ALSO KNOW MY SCORE IS OVER 780... SO THEY WONT PULL THAT CRAP EITHER. Never ever ever sign anything but a paper PAPER CONTRACT.... and read it out loud with them paragraph by paragraph. I'm going to do more than make them work for a other deal. IM GOING TO MAKE IT AS PAINFUL AS I CAN... MAKE THEM DO PENNANCE this way FOR DECEIVING ME AND, I'm sure, countless others. Stay tuned! MA GOD BE MERCIFUL TO THEM SOME DAY, BUT THEYRE NOT GETTING AN OUNCE OF MERCY FROM ME OVER THIS. I MAY EVEN USE THEM AS A SERMON ILLUSTRATION....

Back