Max Miles on Trip A/B Odometers

Nuzy

Ok, I can check this when I get home (perhaps), but it's bugging me now. What is the maximum number of miles you can record on either Trip A or Trip B on a 2009 CX9? I asked because my wife claims they only go to 999.9 and then roll back over to 0. I told her that couldn't possibly be correct - it just doesn't make sense. On our 4Runner, we reset Trip A for every tank of gas, and Trip B for oil changes, that way I can tell pretty quick how many miles I have in between changes without needing the sticker in the corner. Obviously, if Trip B (or A for that matter) rolls over after 1000 miles, it's useless for that purpose. It would be pretty useless for long trips as well. I told her she must have reset it by accident, but she says no way she did that and when she looks at the LCD it only shows three spots for whole numbers and then the decimal. Any of you know off hand whether you have gotten more than 999.9 on either one?

Not a major deal, but could be a little bit of an annoyance for anyone like me that use it for oil change intervals.

Thanks.

yeah i was using it for oil change as well until i saw that it reset to 0 after the 999.9 :(

oh well i have an iphone app that alerts me when it's time now.

Your wife is correct. Trip A and B only reach 999.9 before resetting back to 0

Thank you! Not a big deal, but still kind of stinks. Good thing I didn't push the issue with her too much...guess it's time to suck it up and tell her she was right. She's gonna love that.

Back