Marcs_sp20's project SP20

marcs_sp20

:
02 Mazda 323 Astina SP20 (P5)
Hey guys,

Well this is my little story on Jacob (seeing the old plates were JCB, name sort of caught on from friends :)). I bought it second hand on the 10th of October 2005 from a Real Estate Agent in the heart of Broadbeach for a sum of $15,800, seeing she had just taken delivery of a brand spanker 05 BMW 320i :eek: With 74,000 on the clock, a nice notey exhaust & being lowered 2 all round, I knew I had found my new car, seeing I upgraded from a 1980 Holden Gemini.:p

This is how I bought it, complete with Roof Racks :D

755277.jpg

755314.jpg

755291.jpg

Anyways, 3 years, 80,000kms and a lot of $$$ later, it looks like this:

afterwash2.jpg

afterwash.jpg

27102007008.jpg

And Finally, with some clever mods & more $$$, looks more like this :D:D

DSC00383.jpg

Mod list can be seen here: http://www.astina gt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=509

So the eventual mods for the car are as follows:

-Replace Nardi steering wheel with one in better condition

-Replace clutch & engine mounts

-Mazda 6 wagon rear wiper mod

-LED Neons under dash

-Mazdaspeed 3 or Recaro SR3 seats copies up front

-Make up a nice Boot install

-Gauge bezels

-Black out all badges

-Cwest front bar, Gialla rear lip & side skirts

I will keep this thread updated with photo's and info once I have completed each chapter and or add more...

Cheers
Marc

Here's the pics of the engine bay sprayed done, didnt turn as i planned so i may sand it back and just spray it blue instead of with the wrinkle paint...

Anyways, here is a pic.
104_0127.jpg

Im weighing up the options to kit out the SP20, moreso getting that modded front bar that MPS 3 has, and getting a Gialla (sp?) rear bar, all I'd need is some skirts to even it out, so im looking at around $1000, without paint etc. what do you guys reckon?

take into consideration, this wont be till after june/july, so suggesttions welcome :D

Front bar:
100_0896.jpg

Rear Bar:
t0861-img600x450-1233808393edqwpo63441.jpg

Side skirts:
t0861-img600x450-1233808394snwc9x63441.jpg

Very nice. I've been a fan of those wheels. They make the car look so much better.

Also as some may be aware, i had Dan place a bid on my behalf for a pair of recaro seat rails to suit a BJ, so they should be here within 2months or so...

What im thinking of updating to are the Recaro SR3 copies, so either just black or a black & blue combo like below...

This is an actual Recaro SR3 Tomcat seat, and could only imagine how much a pair would be :eek:
SR-3_TOMCAT_Blue.jpg

OR, some MS3 seats: (pic courtesy of ScratchnSniff
145-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

And seeing I ran into some money, finally put tyres on the CX7 rims and decided to do a photoshoot with mate of AGT:

Link

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Trust me...if you go with the Speed3 seats you will love them...I also have the Speed3's in the rear as well...don't just do the fronts...

See if you can find a local dealer for Genie and pick up a nice blue 4-2-1 header.

Im considering spraying some of the interior plastics that are silver to the same colour of the exterior, just not sure if this would be too wankish??? Would anyone have any pics of theres painted???

Im considering spraying some of the interior plastics that are silver to the same colour of the exterior, just not sure if this would be too wankish??? Would anyone have any pics of theres painted???

i just did mine a matte black a couple weeks ago....all the silver(cept the inside door handles, as of yet)and beige. i'll snap some pics tomorrow when the sun is out

and no, it's not wankish(is that a word, i kinda like it)....looks much better than before

Looking good mate! You want to get me a Astina badge? LMK

i just did mine a matte black a couple weeks ago....all the silver(cept the inside door handles, as of yet)and beige. i'll snap some pics tomorrow when the sun is out

and no, it's not wankish(is that a word, i kinda like it)....looks much better than before

LOL, wankish is a word in my dictionary :p (wanker = d!ckhead, must be an aussie thing :D)

But yes pics would be great!

Looking good mate! You want to get me a Astina badge? LMK

Cheers man :D And im not giving up my astina badge :p

Cheers
Marc

Not much has happened over the last couple weeks, other then taking a 1300km road trip over the Easter Weekend.... I have no realised how annoying my exhaust is, so im opting to go back to a 2" exhaust compared to the 2.25" one I have now.

Also, I picked up the front bar posted above for $220, so that shall be painted & fitted in a couple months. it has 3" holes for where I can put some fog's, so now Im on the hunt to find some, thinking HID's aswell :D:D

Cheers
Marc

My JDM goodness courtesy of a member off astina gt.com came today, im going to have fun on monday :D:D:D

DSC00625.jpg

might have a bit of trouble with the sport stickers though, as I think they rely on the placement of the rubber side strip, lucky I kept them ;)

Cheers
Marc

installed the mazdaspeed badge to the grille, still not happy with it tho, will be adjusting the "m" side so it sits straighter..

DSC00654.jpg

Also got one of the Sport20 stickers on, have taken off all the SP20 decals now, just waiting for the weather to fine up and I'll install the door stickers :D

DSC00649.jpg

Cheers
Marc

Some pics of the SP20 at the skidpan day at Gympie:

SP20skid.jpg

SP20skid1.jpg

SP20skid3.jpg

And one of mine & Mat's ;)
SP20sskid.jpg

And I got to get the car on the dyno!!!

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

Im quite happy with the result even though I am not running VICS & the valve stems are worn, and im still managing to get 600kms from a tank of go-go juice! :p

So as it sits, plans are:

July:
- get car damage fixed.
- replace clutch.
- replace mounts.
- pay remaining debt for seat rails.
- Spray interior bits exterior colour of car - Supreme Blue
- Fit AutoExe rear strut Brace

August/September/October
- Find & fit Recaro SR3 copies
- Modify & fit Jetspeed front bar (thoughts??)
- Make custom boot install

Cheers
Marc

Nice...I have a Spec Stage 2+ clutch if you are looking to upgrade that route...car is looking good though man...

Back