MAP DVD for Europe

Ioan

Hi everybody !! I am new at this forum. I just bought a beautiful CX9 from the States and I have only the MAP DVD for USA. Does enyone knows if I can get hold of compatible European map for the NAV System ? (Part no. 9999-95-011C-08NAV).
Thanks.
Ioan

holly crap! that almost 300 bones just for Western Europe.

Maps for OEM systems are expensive, you might get one for less at ebay though. How long will you stay in Italy? (Unless you move there it might be better just to get a standalone unit for your time there.)

I just tried the Land Rover Western Europe 2009-2010 dvd in my -08 CX-9 and it didn't work. The system just says "The inserted disk is not a map dvd".

CX9Zoom, what year is your CX-9 and what map version did you use to get it to work?

Last edited:
Cabasa,
Send a PM to BigBob. He bought an CX9 that was imported to Europe.
From conversations (PMs) with him, it seems like you need two disks to make it work.
1)- a system program disc to load the program
2)- a map disc for #1 to read
Everytime, the battery is disconnected, you need to do the two-steps again. Unlike what we get in USA, both are on the same disc (program + map).
My guess is that no one make such a disc, so the importer somehow figured out a "hack" to make it work. Anyway, that is as much as I can contribute. BigBob can probably help you even more...

The Land Rover DVD should work. There are many people who use it in Eastern and Western Europe. I even used the same disk on 2008 Toyota Highlander (it also has Denso Navigation unit) in Europe and it worked.

http://cx-9.at.ua/forum/21-11-1

Also, the disk for Mazda 6 works without a problem.

P.S. I have a 2008 CX-9.

From what I was told, you need to add some files from the original Mazda Navigation DVD in order for Western Europe disk to work.

You would think that somebody would have made a "back-up" copy of these maps and/or the new Rev F for the U.S. and somehow made them available by "accident".

Back