MAM manifold install

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
Ok, so Im in the middle of taking the stock exhaust manifold off. The only thing holding me up right now is this little bracket that holds the three lines going to the turbo. It has a screw holding that bracket and you need an allen key to take the screw out. My problem is the screw head is stripped out and I can't get it out. I have tried using a screw extractor but have had no success. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this bracket off? I don't care about breaking it. If I can get this thing off, everything esle is a piece of cake. It's annoying how it's always the simplest crap that brings a project to a halt.

Titanium bits? Always does the trick for me. Maybe throw a little rust breaker on the screw and then try drilling it out

I took my car to a shop and let them get that s*** out. They tapped it with a drill bit and then removed it. Needless to say I never put that crap back on.

Also what you need to do is drill slowly and add some type of oil to keep the bit from getting hot (which causes them to break)

ok, thanks for the help guys. I haven't been able to do anything today because of my wife and son. But I'll be starting bright and early in the morning and let you guys know how things go.

sweet, thanks man. Luckily I just bought a can of PB Blaster for the manifold bolts/studs. I'll check it out in the morning

It has been a few days since I did anything with this..thanks to the wife and son..lol. For those who have or had the MAM manifold, how in the hell did you guys get a nut to fit on the front right part of the flange? The hole is extremely close the the collector and I don't see how a nut would fit there at all. If you have or had this manifold, you know exactly what Im talking about.

depends all the mam manis have slight differences to them. i didn't really have a problem getting mine on because i had a swivel that was a socket if that makes any sense. It let me get into that tight area that you are talking about and tighten it down. but if you can't get it on send it to me and ill fit it on my car =)

Back