maintenance light At 3,100 miles

:
2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG
I just had the maintenance light come on.. yet I only have 3,100 miles on our 4 month old 2016.5 What is the maintenance that is due at 3k miles? Thought oil was due at the 7,500 with the factory synthetic oil.

I just had the maintenance light come on.. yet I only have 3,100 miles on our 4 month old 2016.5 What is the maintenance that is due at 3k miles? Thought oil was due at the 7,500 with the factory synthetic oil.
Most Mazda dealers don't reset your Maintenance Monitor properly during new car check-up and the default settings for 3 categories are 4 months and 5,000 miles from factory. Since now your CX-5 is 4 months old and the maintenance warning message is on. You should follow Maintenance Schedule 1 outlined in owner's manual and set your mileage and date properly by yourself with ignition on but engine is not running. Most importantly, although it's 4 months too late, you should turn on oil life monitor by resetting your Oil Change as "Flexible" to show the oil life percentage. By using "Flexible" your OCI can be up to 10,000 miles or 12 months with Mazda recommended oil for more accurate oil life calculation. At this stage you can change your oil for the first time at 5,000 miles, and reset the Oil Change with Flexible setting so that the oil life calculation can be in sync with fresh oil. Mazda recommends Mazda Moly oil and "Molybdenum compounds, not only provide frictional benefits, but also have been shown to decrease LSPI when used at high levels."

2.5L Oil level fluctuation

Thank you, luckily my oil is set to flex and currently reading 60%...

I asked my dealer what oil they will use for the future oil Change and they said they use 0-20 synthetic Castrol. I asked about the Mazda oil with Moly, and before I could finish, he repeated himself with "0-20 synthetic Castrol is what we use.."

Latest posts

Back