Luminics or actual HIDS??

D_Roc7822

So I was all set to buy some HIDS for both the headlights and the fog lights and then came upon the Luminics bulbs. So far I have read good things about them and everything and gonna give them a shot on my foglights. I need opinions though on if I should go with the Luminics for the headlights too and save me some money or if I should just go ahead and dish out the 130.00 for a pair of Apexcone HIDS for the headlights. Im sure the HIDS are bunch better than the Luminics when it comes to certain things. Im just trying to get some opinions from you guys is all on which I should go for. Thanks in advance and as always.. I appreciate any and all positive comments or opinions.

Your speed doesn't have HID headlights already?
And 130 for HIDs? That's so weak! I don't know how it is in the US, but paying 130 for HIDs, you pretty much expect them to last right after the 1 year warranty..

i agree with cosic...130 is pretty cheap. standard kits for the lowest kelvin can start above 300. i did see one manufacturer have a booth at the last philadelphia auto show selling theirs for 100, but i saw them on a guy's car and the colors didn't match very well.

and i don't know anything about luminics, but if they're halogen then they won't be as good as xenons.

hmmn.. i bought my HID's from ebay for $70 shipped... so far it's been atleast 4 months and no problems yet... any how they were super cheap and work pretty good. Brand is Tenon

yeah I was gonna say.. if your paying 300 for some HIDS!!! then your getting ripped off!!! lol. Ive never seen them more than that.. except for once. I thought 130 for a set of apexcone one was pretty awesome, cause Ive heard alot about how good they are and everything. And only the GT models had HIDS in them.. I have the sport edition which has regular halogens in it. I guess Ill just do trial and error and see which works and which doesnt.

sorry for the price problem...that info was coming from a price i got a while ago when i was looking into getting them for my bike. and i only went to the site that the gixxerforum guys were going to. now that i did a little search i found them cheaper

that $300 came from mcculloch/visionpro website.

Anyone got Luminics who can post up pics? Even at $130 a pair for HIDs, $260 for headlights and fog lights can be spent on go-fast goodies. $60 or so for luminics head and fog light bulbs does seem tempting, and I've heard good things about them.

As for eBay HIDs... had a $100 set in the Integra, just short of a year into them one side stopped working and dealer (who returned every email when I was looking to buy) never returned my emails about warranty replacement. That and the 12k kit where everything was marked 12k was white.... like 6k white.

12k is no where near white...they say right around 6.5k the light goes blue, then purple...and of course has less actual projected light

from what i've read and seen it seems to be a pretty cut and dry get what you pay for sort of thing with these kits.

unfortunately for me if i ever wanted to upgrade the temp (cuz i believe stock gts are around 4.5-4.7k) i would have the motor to deal with. and with the fog light kits i would want to wire them myself to a seperate switch so they don't automatically shut off everytime i use the high beams, cuz i don't believe that's good for the bulb to keep going on and off

sorry for the price problem...that info was coming from a price i got a while ago when i was looking into getting them for my bike. and i only went to the site that the gixxerforum guys were going to. now that i did a little search i found them cheaper

that $300 came from mcculloch/visionpro website.

Yeah the 300.00 ones I saw were the mcculloch ones to be honest.. on ebay too nonetheless.

Anyone got Luminics who can post up pics? Even at $130 a pair for HIDs, $260 for headlights and fog lights can be spent on go-fast goodies. $60 or so for luminics head and fog light bulbs does seem tempting, and I've heard good things about them.

As for eBay HIDs... had a $100 set in the Integra, just short of a year into them one side stopped working and dealer (who returned every email when I was looking to buy) never returned my emails about warranty replacement. That and the 12k kit where everything was marked 12k was white.... like 6k white.

That was exactly what I was thinking when I posted this thread. Its like you were inside my brain or something lol. Kinda weird. Ive only heard good things about their foglights and Im getting a pair of those here really soon. Just nothing bout the headlights. And yeah its pretty much hit and miss with HIDS on ebay. A buddy of mine had some in civic and the ballast went out in like 6 months.. wouldnt have had any problem getting them replaced cause the guy who sold them responded and told him to send them back and everything. He also had some in his R6 motorcycle and those have been nothing short of spectatular.. even drug one of the ballast on the road for a good couple miles without knowing it and its still working 8 months later. So its hit and miss with those.

mcculloch is OEM product on many cars, so, they are reputiable!! Any of the retrofitters suggest them. They call the Ebay kits crap.

I purchased a kit from Protophile, Techone 35watt 4000K setup. Been working great for a few months now.

I am running an apex cone setup for a good 6 months now, no issues. Paid $130 for em.

As to it being for a motorcycle, you should be paying half that, only one lowbeam, right? Unless you have an H4 setup, then, yeah, it's gonna cost A significant amount more for a bixenon setup.

hi this is the pic of my car with Luminics ultra golden 3750k. fog and stock hid

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

^^ You're high if you have a front plate, when you don't need a front plate. I'd give my left pinky toe nail not to have a front plate. That's about it though..

you honestly DO NOT need hids for the fog lights! I see people with freakin ford trucks and stupid chrysler 300 putting hids in the fogs, it's pointless! A set if luminics yellow bulbs are all you would need in your fog lights and HIds in the regular lights are will be bright enough. No need for 2 sets of hid in the front.

i tried the yellow hid and i did not see that much different, except the light is more yellow on the ground. stock fog light wires are not for that high of current like hid, it could burn the connector and wires. fog lights are unnecessary for most people until they hit heavy fog. installing hid on the fog light will not help in the fog, most people have them for look.

i tried the yellow hid and i did not see that much different, except the light is more yellow on the ground. stock fog light wires are not for that high of current like hid, it could burn the connector and wires. fog lights are unnecessary for most people until they hit heavy fog. installing hid on the fog light will not help in the fog, most people have them for look.

HIDs bulbs aren't run off factory wires. they require a seperate ballast that takes the factory wires and converts the power to several thousand watts to light the bulb, then lowers the output to keep the bulb lit. you really shouldn't have a problem with the stock wires unless you install incorrectly

and from what i remember, my old 3's fogs didn't make a difference anyway fog or not. that's why i think they are purely asthstetic anyway

I really wouldnt be getting them so I could see better to be honest. And would just get them for looks. I saw a white Mini Cooper S today with both HID fogs and heads in like 6000k and it look amazing!!!! And from what I saw in the pics on page 1 Im not really liking that.

I have the luminics Ultra Whites and I'm pretty impressed with the light visibility and Color. They Look pretty close to H.I.D as I've seen. I've tried them all. Silverstars, Etc. These By Far as the best. Here are a few pics of them. The First is just a close up view, the 2nd is a front shot and 3rd, is luminics ultra white on left, and silverstars on right. Obviously Ultra whites have more of that HID look. And Last is Ultra Whites compared to stock. Big Difference.

LuminicsUltraWhite.jpg

LuminicsUltraWhites.jpg

LuminicsVersSylvaniaSilverstars.jpg

LuminicsUltraWhitesVersStock.jpg

Back