Lowering Kit and Rims for 2014 Mazda3

I've been asking around trying to find out which company's are coming out with 2015 Mazda 3 coils and Standard Suspension is currently the one company that's about to offer them. No Ksport, no H&R, no BC.

Prices aren't too bad, especially if they really are a decent quality coilover. I'll be keeping them in mind. Thanks!

It looks like they are about $500 less than MX5 Ohlins . I wonder how they would compare if Ohlins were made for the 3.

Ohlins or KW.. i emailed KW they say so far they have no plans on developing a kit.
ohlins would probably need to be custom application as they dont have off the shelf kit as of now either

I just don't understand why these suspension companies are dropping the ball on the new Mazda 3. For KW to say that they have no plans on developing a kit is disappointing to say the least.

Ohlins or KW.. i emailed KW they say so far they have no plans on developing a kit.
ohlins would probably need to be custom application as they dont have off the shelf kit as of now either

I have to strongly disagree with everything you wrote.

Most suspension companies make coilovers and springs for cars you wouldn't even think of ever dropping. The Mazda 2, has options from just about every single suspension manufacturer and so do all the Mazda 3's in the past. Based off of your opinion you'd think that no Mazda 2 owner would ever drop their cars. You're wrong. I've sold plenty of coilovers to Mazda 2 owners.

Because very few buyers of this car want them.

You're basing this off of your own opinion and don't know that for a fact. My opinion says that it's a perfect car to modify.

The Gen3's are more sophisticated and less "kiddy" in nature which make them less likely to become ricers.

So only "kiddies" and "ricers" like to modify their cars? You're assuming that everyone that modify their cars are little 16 year old's with unsophisticated tastes.

The engine is not large enough to make this a competent race car, so the demand for mods like these is small.

You're assuming everyone modifier's their cars only to race. They do not.

I would like to drop my (some day) 3S by 1 inch or so and tint the windows a bit. It MUST look a bit different, compared to all the others.

I would expect a response like that from a vendor. Of course I don't have data to back up the comments. Perhaps you'd like to publish your sales figures for last year for each Mazda model? How many Mazda 3's were sold and how many coilovers for that model were sold? Only an extremely small percentage of people buy coilovers. Many more purchase lowering springs, but only a small percentage of people lower their cars. The design and marketing of the gen3 models is aimed at design and tech, not racing the 3 or even zoom-zoom. I assume the marketing people at Mazda know their market and have done that for a reason. So I would back up my supposition much more strongly than yours.

You can say that ALL cars are perfect to modify, and I probably wouldn't disagree. Wheels, accessories, chrome, debadging, etc., can customize any car. So your statement regarding Mazda 3's in particular is rather meaningless. Regarding specifically lowering a car, are you really going to argue that it isn't done primarily by young people? Yes, there are a few of us older guys who might do it, but I have yet to see an old guy, or for that matter ANY woman, driving a lowered car. And the basis for "ricing" is lowering your car, getting expensive rim's, tinting your windows and putting on a loud exhaust. That is the definition of "ricing". And I wasn't assuming modifying your car is only done for racing. Most of the time it is done for looks.

Here's where we might agree. Lowering the new 3 approximately 1" does make it LOOK better. And if you're going to do it, the best way is with expensive coilovers. I have raced my cars in the past (not Mazda) and lowered it with coilovers and camber kits. IMO, that's the right way to do it. But there is a reason why they aren't as popular as they have been in the past and with a car like the new 3 with only 184 hp, it just doesn't make much sense. Now if you were talking about a speed 3 at 275 hp you'd have a much better argument.

That said, I well might consider a good pair of coilovers for my car in the future even if the market is getting smaller for good reason. I won't get a ricer exhaust and black out my windows and get an SRI because none of those things have any real effect on performance. And I'm not saying that coilovers aren't a good product, they are. But it still doesn't negate the fact that the market is getting smaller and the people who make these things are not in the charity business. If the market is there, they will make the product. They are telling you something by not making it or delaying the roll-out. Put your ear to the ground and listen a bit.

I beg to differ..I think it's just a matter of time. You could say most of those things about the CX-5 yet there are multiple body kits, at least 5 sets of coil overs, at least 4 sets of brake kits (I mean big brake kits not OEM size replacements), engine tuning, a rather large assortment of suspension/chassis components.. list goes on. And it's worth mentioning that overseas, the cx-5 is a American dollar $30k-$45k+ car.. these aren't kids buying and "ricing" these cars.. When I first bought my 2013 CX-5 (2012) there were very few mechanical mods available for it; all of it caught up as more people bought them.

LET ME POST MY OPINION AS IF IT WERE FACT AND THEN ARGUE ABOUT IT BECAUSE MY LOGIC IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

Please stop cluttering up the thread to argue over trivial opinions.

I would like to drop my (some day) 3S by 1 inch or so and tint the windows a bit. It MUST look a bit different, compared to all the others.

Same here... I am also looking to drop my SGT 3 hatchback by 1inch and put 19inch rims on it. It looks like Eibach has a kit for the 2014 Mazda 3.

http://eibach.com/america/en/eibach-news/mazda3_2014_prokit

Pro-Kit #5557.140

* High Performance Handling and Aggressive Good Looks
* Lower Center of Gravity — Lowers Mazda 1.0" Front and 1.3" Rear
* Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and get Better MPG
* Excellent Ride Quality
* Million Mile Warranty

Last edited:
Agreed - this looks like a good choice if coilovers are too expensive.

I very much resent your "I would expect a response like that from a vendor" comment. Yes, i am a vendor and yes i want to sell products. In no way however was my comment made to sell a product. My response was not of a vendor but of a car enthusiast that has been modifying his own cars for ever and i merely disagreed with your opinion as a car enthusiast.

We have very different opinions on this subject and I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
I bougth the oem mazda lowering springs made by eibach. Havent had the time to put them on yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 854
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 851
Nice choice the Eibach springs give a nicer stance and very good driveablity, I've had these springs on my old 09 and now on my 2014.

UPDATE -

Happy to announce that i now offer BC Racing Suspension for the new 2014-15 Mazda 3. It's about time right? Following the link below to get more info. :)

BC Racing Suspension - Font Motorsports

Awesome! BC Racing is one of my favorite companies when it comes to suspension. I come from the Subaru community and BC is huge with Subaru's. Just bought my new 2014 Meteor Gray SGT Hatch Saturday and already planning on dropping it about 1.5 inches and getting wheels among other things.

And for what it's worth concerning all the "why aren't there more options for this car when it comes to suspension?" This is a completely redesigned suspension geometry on a completely redesigned car that came out less than a year ago. It'll take some time for it to pick up. But with the aggressive styling and the fact that this new mazda3 out handles almost all the other cars in its class I expect to see the marketplace open up pretty big over the next year when it comes to aftermarket options.

Glad to see you guys excited about it. First buyer gets 15% off by the way. When you're ready let me know what you need. Be it springs, coilovers, wheel or tires. Congrats on your new 3.
(drinks)

Awesome! BC Racing is one of my favorite companies when it comes to suspension. I come from the Subaru community and BC is huge with Subaru's. Just bought my new 2014 Meteor Gray SGT Hatch Saturday and already planning on dropping it about 1.5 inches and getting wheels among other things.

And for what it's worth concerning all the "why aren't there more options for this car when it comes to suspension?" This is a completely redesigned suspension geometry on a completely redesigned car that came out less than a year ago. It'll take some time for it to pick up. But with the aggressive styling and the fact that this new mazda3 out handles almost all the other cars in its class I expect to see the marketplace open up pretty big over the next year when it comes to aftermarket options.

Back