Lowered my 2010 MS3

skatethesea

:
2010 Speed 3
Lowered AND now Tinted. New Pic!

I struggled for about five to six hours putting the springs on. The front strut would not come out of the damned LCA!!!! I tried using my floor jack to seperate them. Bent my dust guard. So I grabbed the OEM jack outta the back, and it worked. But I almost destroyed my ABS receptacles. But after it was all said and done, it looks great! Now I need some tint and I will be done for a hot minute. Though I wouldnt mind powder coating my rims to the same bronze as the OEM BBS STI rims.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Well, now it has tint. All Im waiting on is my CS SRI this week and I will be ready for the Mazda Meet.

DSC_0032.jpg

Last edited:
I used Eibach Sportline springs for a 2006 Mazda 3 hatch. So they are a lot softer than they are supposed to be. And I got a great drop out of it.

Thanks!

Yea, hate to say it, but that is like five hours away or something. Its not worth it to show off springs and wheels. Maybe for my S2000. But thats a whole nother story

it looks very hot indead but i have only one thing to ask correct me if iam wrong but i thought that when you lower your ride that you should'nt use factory shocks with aftermarket springs or is this okay to do as long as it is not a huge drop like what you have done 1.2'' thanks

Haha, what I did was stupid and reckless. My shocks are going to be useless very soon. But I have two cars, so I dont care. Once I blow them out, I will drive my Honda until I get some konis or just shell out for the BC coilovers. But you are right. That severe of a drop is really not good on stock shocks.

BTW, update, the springs have settled and the tires are tucked over an inch. I will post pics tomorrow or something to show the results. Its SOOOOOOOO low, i love it!!!

Back