Loud Vibration when starting up?

Fraya713

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Does anyone have an issue with their Automatic transmission 2002 MP5 vibrating and humming really noticeable loudly when they start up their engine?

It does it particularly noticeably when I shift it into reverse.. It's not shaking me like a tree, but there is a pretty constant vibration within the body until I get going and start driving...

Should I be concerned?

Thanks all

yeah, probably one or more of the 4 mounts is badly worn...Lots of replacements still available in that area, the factory units are fine, but very soft...and once they die they'll quickly let their posts 'bottom out' in the mount housings...

is it only when starting though? Like is it related to engine/transaxle temperature? Or is it regularly doing this at low speed/idle all the time now? A worn mount will start to heat up from the vibration, which will soften it and make it a little less noticeable...but if you're getting no vibration after driving for a little bit, it could be something else...

i have been getting the same symptoms. more noticeable when i reverse out of my driveway, and usually when i stop at a red light and stop signs. not related with temp in mine as its been like this since the summer. less noticeable when in motion.

yep, pretty much happens just like diss3ntiec says it. It's almost like it doesn't do it once the car has warmed up..

Mainly when I reverse, or when I gear out of reverse and into drive and start driving. Then it goes away after a few blocks.. very odd..

Back