Lost to a Neon, sort of.....

Pro5OnSpeed

Contributor
:
Black tinted '02 P5
Last friday night an unamed buddy of mine and i who will probably post a response, went drivng. yes it is a little early in the season but we havent gone for so long, so we decided to do a little "Pre-Zoomage" now his dad has a '96 neon SOHC 5spd. the car itself is fast for stock. well we got to a stoplight and i wanted to see how the Pro5 would handle against a neon. i thought well it would be close since i upgraded the intake and exhaust, and have better traction tires. we both rev up to about five grand and the light turns green. we kick it, tires smoking and all! needless to say i had a good head start on him, 1st 2nd 3rd 4th, i am ahead and i win. NO PROBLEM. we do it a few more times and most of them were close. so we decided to do it on an open road.

light turned green and BOOM! we where gone! i kept getting ahead and shifting at about 6 grand, i was two car lengths ahead of him pushing 5200 in 4th gear, and i looked to the left and saw him creep up and pass me! i was like WTF???? the pedal was to the FLOOR! i would have got him in the 1/4, but he passed me just as he shifted from 3rd to fourth! damn..... i was blown away! that neon is BONE STOCK with a bad motor mount!
neon's are no joke! he'll tell his side of the story i am sure...... Huh Aricjm?

Poor sap....

Well. Lets just straighten this out. I was in the car with AricJM when we were ricing it out, and i must say, The pro5 guy just haas it ALL wrong ;-) . 2 out of 4 times from a clear standstill adam got beat. As in never had the lead, and never had the chance to win, period. the third time, the neon just got a plan bad start, he almost killed the engine. THAT was when aric blew past him doing 90 in third gear. I could see the look on adam and his passengers face as we came up on him, like, WHAT THE HELL!:bs: . Then we popped into 4th and just went a cruisin' by. And there is no way adam would have won the quarter mile on those. But on the 4th, i must say that adam killed us off the line. truly destroyed us. He definately had that quarter mile, but like clockwork, the neon buzzed by him, shortly thereafter. More then a quartermile, but still got passed. Like a beyotch!. Oh the good times. And another thing, adam raced an integra, and lost, but not by much. The guy said he put 8 grand in it, i laughed. Way to slow for 8 grand or he spent it on the wrong stuff. I was origionally gonna post "Stock neon Kills modded Pro5!!", but couldnt get on this site. Oh funny funny funny.

Ok Ok, No, you got a head start on the last race, I almost killed the car, since I launched at 1500 rpm, you won the FIRST race, the rest were a draw or my win,

wait till its my car, I've got a rather large sum to pour into the engine

you still would kill me in the twisties though

HA HA

it was fun nonetheless! actually tonight mike and i went to some backroads after i got off work, and marked the exact quarter mile..... just a few days dude, just a few days............

what kind of moron revs up to 5 grand in a p5 and drops it to race? I could easily beat your ass as your wheel hop kills you, just dropping it at 3k, or even 2.5k revs. Might be one reason yer not beating him as much as you should ;)

Ah ya dont keep reving it to 5grand, thats only something ever did in a DSM with AWD.

5grand is just a waste of power to *try* and put down at the start. Smoking tires, though kewl looking is not useful in racing.

Now go take the Neon in the twisty roads and see how they fair....

Neons can be quick in their own right.

Equinox said:
what kind of moron revs up to 5 grand in a p5 and drops it to race? I could easily beat your ass as your wheel hop kills you, just dropping it at 3k, or even 2.5k revs. Might be one reason yer not beating him as much as you should ;)

Took the words out of my mouth.

AWD guys don't even launch @ 5K.

REMillers said:
Ah ya dont keep reving it to 5grand, thats only something ever did in a DSM with AWD.

5grand is just a waste of power to *try* and put down at the start. Smoking tires, though kewl looking is not useful in racing.

Now go take the Neon in the twisty roads and see how they fair....

Neons can be quick in their own right.

Keep in mind that neon's aren't cardboard boxes, guys...they're pretty nimble stock.

hehe

btw did you see the promo for the Evo VIII?

I posted a link to it in the video section.

Finally I can put myself back on the list for one, took it off when I saw the orginal US version.

hey i like my STATION WAGON! at least it doesnt smoke..... lol
next time i will launch at 3 grand. last time i launched at 3 my friend kicked my ass with his 5spd Elantra. but i will try it.

by the way, pro5onspeed. i think my fiancee ran into you a while back. she was out driving my car and said she was at a stoplight talking to a guy with a black p5 with a painted grill. must have been you.

Latest posts

Back