Looking for stock intercooler pipe

Spooler

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
Hey guys,

Does anybody in Montreal/Laval have the stock pipe from the turbo to the intecooler? The stupid nipple going to the bvp cracked and I want to replace it before I trade in the car.

Let me know

Spooler

I've got a hard pipe (steel, nothing special) that I won't be needing soon... wanna hold onto my stocker though.

Thanks for the offer, it's appreciated. But won't be needing it now, I just made a man of myself an bought the WeaponR from Ken.

Easy math: Stock Hot Pipe goes for $380 US + $20 shipping.....for the same crap quality piece!!! For less I am changing all pipes.

But you're trading in your car after paying that much for hard pipes? I have a stock hot pipe, I didn't think they really went more than $40 + shipping used.. plus I know of a way to still use the hot pipe you have, I got a hollow rubber grommet from Advance Auto, it had a lip on one end, I took the nipple off the stock hot pipe, got a dremel and opened the hole up a bit more so the rubber grommet could go through with the lip on the inside of the pipe, then I attached the bpv to the rubber grommet with the little metal clamp and it stayed like that. Worked great and cost me about $7.

Easy math: Stock Hot Pipe goes for $380 US + $20 shipping.....for the same crap quality piece!!! For less I am changing all pipes.

But you're trading in your car after paying that much for hard pipes? I have a stock hot pipe, I didn't think they really went more than $40 + shipping used.. plus I know of a way to still use the hot pipe you have, I got a hollow rubber grommet from Advance Auto, it had a lip on one end, I took the nipple off the stock hot pipe, got a dremel and opened the hole up a bit more so the rubber grommet could go through with the lip on the inside of the pipe, then I attached the bpv to the rubber grommet with the little metal clamp and it stayed like that. Worked great and cost me about $7.
I hear you, sounds like a working solution. I epoxy glued the nipple back in twice, still broke off. So I'm done reparing that part, especially that stuff like that takes time and I rather spend my time doing productive things than hacking on my car. There is something I learnt in my many years of taking my cars apart and fixing them: every time you fix something with a cheap solution you end up fixinig it 50 times and it never works as it should (AWR endlinks are a great example). So, was the WeaponR kit the cheapest solution? Definitely not. Was it the easiest solution? Yes. Is it a quality product? For what I read around, it seems to work well. I looked on the FS section, there was nothing. Plus there is always voltures in there waiting to jump thes hard pipe :).The trade in felt through, the WRX was sold....So now I am in wait mode. I may sell the car instead of trading it in to get a fair value, therefore it was important to repair it well so the next buyer gets a fine running car and pays me for the care I took of this car over the years. Still, thanks for the comment

or I have all the stock pipes I wont be needing thanx too Metalic lol

I thought about getting the front mount....but I don't want to mod the car, all I want it's for the car to run fine! I need reliability until the car is sold, that's all. Other than this, the car runs great.

Back