Looking for 2003 Mazda Protege5 Cup holder, Center Console & Automatic Sport Shifter

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Looking for 2003 Mazda Protege5 Cup holder, Center Console & Automatic Sport Shifter

Hey everyone,

So I have been looking for these pieces and I have two friends who know how to get them. So far, me calling up 6 different local junk yards hasn't helped.
I have a friend who found a 2003 Mazda Protege and can take all three parts from it. My question is does the center console from a 2003 Mazda Protege fit in place of a center console in a 2002 Mazda Protege5? I know that is probably a dumb question, but better safe than sorry.

The other question I have is does any of the 2003 Mazda Protege models have the automatic sport shifter that the 2003 Mazda Protege5 has? Even though my friend says he found a 2003 Mazda Protege with the type of shifter I want, I am a bit skeptical because he hasn't actually seen this junked vehicle in person. He is going off of what someone else told him.

http://tinyurl.com/2fn36tv

^ a good read about the differences in 2002, 2002.5, 2003, and 2003.5

If you are talking about the change from the 2002 cupholders to the newer style ones, it can be done, but I don't think it's a clean fit - the edges stick out. I think I saw a thread in here once, I'll edit my post if I find it.

If your gonna do the open cup holder you need to get the center console, if not the new cup holder will be stick up to high. And i got my sport shifter from an 03 protege sedan, so any 03 p5 or protege sedan will work.

Latest posts

Back