Looking at Mazda "MV" value line spark plugs

:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I want to order some belts and coolant and I found this "Med Center Mazda Parts" Mazda CX-5 Parts 2013 2014 2015 2016 | Mazda CX-5 Accessories 2013 2014 2015 2016

has a good deal on coolant. Free shipping if I buy 4 quarts for $98.68 plus another buck and a half. They don't sell the belts ala cart but they have these Mazda Value plugs

Mazda Value Line Skyactiv Spark Plugs (set of 4) PE5R18110MV

Mazda Value Line Skyactiv Spark Plugs (set of 4) Mazda

Was: $60.00
Now: $51.00
SKU: PE5R18110MV

The photos show what looks like a fine wire electrode, and they're Mazda approved, are they ok?

I asked the same question a while ago but nobody answered. And I went to my Mazda dealer but they didn’t stock it.

Well, almost ALL Mazda dealers use OEM “Value” oil filters for oil change. I was surprised my Mazda dealer didn’t stock “Value” spark plugs which are compatible to aftermarket plugs on price. I saw the picture of the case on Mazda “Value” spark plugs and I can see it says “Made in Mexico” like “Value” oil filters. I was curious who made this Mazda “Value” spark plugs. If it says “NGK” on ceramic insulator I may consider it for a half of the regular OEM plug price.

Last edited:
The photo on their web site looks like it says "mazda" on the ceramic insulator. There are NKG plugs on Amazon for around that price as well.

I don't have a problem with any of Mazda's value line parts. They're not going to sell you something that won't work properly in their cars; that would be just plain crazy!

IIRC... the value line is organic on the brake pads and and those don't usually last as long even if they might be quieter

I see some hits the value line spark plugs are copper and/or other metals besides iridium or platinum. Conductivity may even be better with copper but lifespan should not normally be.

Last edited:
IIRC... the value line is organic on the brake pads and and those don't usually last as long even if they might be quieter

Not really, see this recent thread and OP eventually found the culprit is from Mazda MV brake pads the dealer installed for him:

Grinding noise on new OEM brake/rotors (2018 CX-5)

Yes. I found out the dealership "OEM" brakes they installed were the Mazda value brand and they are notorious for making grinding sounds due to it being a cheaper material. I found this out by calling a different dealership and asking them about it and that dealership said they stop carrying that particular pad due to all the customer complaints. I file a complaint to my dealership who installed the original pads and they told me I had to pay for the premium OEM pads then which I did and the noise went away.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with any of Mazda's value line parts. They're not going to sell you something that won't work properly in their cars; that would be just plain crazy!
To date, people have been reported problems at least on these Mazda MV maintenance parts: Mazda MV oil filters (leak)、wiper blades (noise、horrible wiping performance)、brake pads (noise、poor performance). Not sure how much confidence should we have on MV air filters、cabin filters、and spark plugs?

Well, chalk up another substandard part in the Mazda Value Line. We've already been through the oil filter and wiper blades as not being well received. Now brake pads. Guess I'll continue to get better quality items from Amazon, Walmart, Rockauto etc. at good prices. Thanks for the update.
@yrwei52 Are you still going to consider MV spark plugs. Who knows, maybe those plugs will introduce a new form of CD. :giggle:

For me ,at this point, regarding MV line of anything, why even bother. Don't need the expense to get unneeded surprises.

Last edited:
To date, people have been reported problems at least on these Mazda MV maintenance parts: Mazda MV oil filters (leak)、wiper blades (noise、horrible wiping performance)、brake pads (noise、poor performance). Not sure how much confidence should we have on MV air filters、cabin filters、and spark plugs?
Yep, same experience here, won't buy anything with those two letters on it.

It's just better to use the NGK version of the spark plugs. Advanced Auto online will price match Rockauto and then just pick them up at the store.

I have the NGK ILKAR711 plugs in my '16 CX-5 and so far, no problems after 11k miles.

Well, I have found the Mazda coolant for an even better price so I will order from a different place. I don't really need plugs for another 20k miles. I did some investigation and found the NKG site with a parts finder cross reference.
They have some info about all of the NKG plugs. The OEM type they call Laser Iridium. There is Ruthenium and Iridium IX which are upgrades and the G-power and Laser Platinum are lower level. Autozone has the OE version for about $20, while the upgrades are less. The G-power is $6---.
Other brands of Iridium plugs sell for fairly reasonable prices, $10-15. I know that the double fine electrode are the most expensive to make and the longest lived. The power differences they show on the graph are very tiny, so I wonder if performance suffers much with any of the approved plugs, at least while they are fresh.

1718297419235.png

Well, I have found the Mazda coolant for an even better price so I will order from a different place.
Mind to tell us which seller sells Mazda FL-22 coolant cheaper including shipping?

Back