LED Strips in Foot Wells

kwaits92

:
2011 Mazda2
So I recently bought some LED strips to put in my foot wells and under the front seats. I dont want the lights on all the time seeing as how that would become a huge nuisance. What I have seen so far is that most people suggest just wire tapping to the door light wire. Has any one one this in the M2 yet? If so a little guidance would be much appreciated.

I would prefer to wire them all together into a switch that I can place next to the TC switch.

i'll be doing this at some point too. i know when i did it for an 04 Miata there was a wire under the drivers-side dash that you could tap, but i had the benefit of doing that in 07 after a wiring diagram had been published and people had done it before. AFAIK no one has a wiring manual for these things yet. anyone out there want to prove me wrong?

i think someone on here did it with the door kick plates that lighted up, so when he opened the door the kickplates would illuminate... but i dont think he posted what he tapped for it to work! i wanna do the same thing, so when the door is open the LED's come on but thats a bit down the road for me!

Well I did notice that the interior fuse box is actually located right behind where I want the switch. So all I have to do is run a ground and get a fuse. But I haven't heard of anyone knocking out that switch board where the Traction Control Button is. I know its possible but I didn't see any screws to loosen so I could pull it out and take a look, and I am sure as hell not gonna keep tugging on a piece of plastic if I am not even sure that part removes that way.

I have the Sport version so the TC is the only button over there. It looks as if there is room for 3 more small buttons and one large button just to the right of those.

I would suggest looking into this kit. This is the LEDGLOW kit I run in my car. I have it connected to the ignition right now because I like to have it on all the time. This kit is great cause there is a small control box so if you did want it off it's just a switch, there are also other settings like sound activated and brightness.

LEDGLOW does offer all sorts of colors too, from Red and blue to Purple and green.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/Red-4pc-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

Well I did notice that the interior fuse box is actually located right behind where I want the switch. So all I have to do is run a ground and get a fuse. But I haven't heard of anyone knocking out that switch board where the Traction Control Button is. I know its possible but I didn't see any screws to loosen so I could pull it out and take a look, and I am sure as hell not gonna keep tugging on a piece of plastic if I am not even sure that part removes that way.

I have the Sport version so the TC is the only button over there. It looks as if there is room for 3 more small buttons and one large button just to the right of those.

Oh yeah, duh, a fuse tap. I always forget about those things and they're always the answer.

So I got my LED's and my switch now. Now I need to find wire that will work with the LED extensions and run it all through. And also figure out how to get that damn switch panel out so I can get to the fuse box. Im sure its obvious and I am just over looking it. Probably some 1.5cm screw or something insignificant.

Latest posts

Back