Latest Infotainment System Update

Okay, my current Music Database Version is 00.07.000. I have a 2GB USB flash drive formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32). On it is one file - Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up - which I downloaded directly from http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/howto-updategracenote?language=en-NA. When I put the USB drive into either of the front USB slots, it shows up in the Infotainment system. But when I try to do an update it tells me it can't find an update. Any suggestions?

Personally, I'd just try a different thumb drive. If that didn't work either, i'd re-download the files and try again.

Personally, I'd just try a different thumb drive. If that didn't work either, i'd re-download the files and try again.

I tried multiple times after formatting different drives to FAT32 format and copying the October 2017 update but each time it fails to recognize the update. Perhaps issue related to our CMU version or something else.

I tried multiple times after formatting different drives to FAT32 format and copying the October 2017 update but each time it fails to recognize the update. Perhaps issue related to our CMU version or something else.
Did you try to copy the same downloaded file each time, or did you try and re-download it and attempt to install that one? The reason why I ask is that it's possible the initial file may have been corrupted somehow. Curious what software version those with issues have? Mine is 59.00.502, so that may be an issue as well? One last thing I've read online is that if the thumb drive is larger than (I think) 8GB, then the system will not read it correctly.

That being said, I have a 64GB thumb drive that I use for music and it reads fine. BUT, when I want to install software I always use an 8GB. Hope you guys get the issue sorted.

Like teknowiz, I've used different USB drives of different sizes, and I've just downloaded the "update" each time (vs. copying it from drive to drive). And I'm on software version 59.00.504.

Did you try to copy the same downloaded file each time, or did you try and re-download it and attempt to install that one? The reason why I ask is that it's possible the initial file may have been corrupted somehow. Curious what software version those with issues have? Mine is 59.00.502, so that may be an issue as well? One last thing I've read online is that if the thumb drive is larger than (I think) 8GB, then the system will not read it correctly.

That being said, I have a 64GB thumb drive that I use for music and it reads fine. BUT, when I want to install software I always use an 8GB. Hope you guys get the issue sorted.

Downloaded it again each time and mines is on firmware 59.00.502.

Humm, no clue then. The update worked fine for me, and I installed it twice. Once in my car and once in my wifes CX-5. Neither installation had any issues (other than it took forever to install).

Humm, no clue then. The update worked fine for me, and I installed it twice. Once in my car and once in my wifes CX-5. Neither installation had any issues (other than it took forever to install).

the file you dowloaded on to the USB stick was from the official Mazda USA site correct?

Yep, sure was. I can share it if someone wants to try that file, but I seriously doubt that is the issue.

Last edited:
Got a 2018 CX9 GT 2 weeks ago and it's running 59.00.504.

Music data base is: 00.07.000

Fail safe: 59.00.504

got both gracenote 8 and 504 loaded on my '16 GT; relatively easy update to do. Also, there was a maps update that was released February 1, 2018

Did you lose the tachometer in the HUD with the 504?

the tach in the HUD has been gone ever since the first few updates to the CMU, the only way to have kept it was to have paired it with the memory seat control; Mazda said it was too distracting to the driver

Music data base is: 00.08.000

I have music database 00.07.000 -- otherwise known as Gracenote -- on my 2017 CX-9 Signature. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest music database update from the Mazda site -- the file is labeled "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" vs. a specific version number, which is a little frustrating, as one has to assume it's the latest version) -- but my system would not accept the update. I've tried various USB sticks -- formatted correctly -- with the same result. I read somewhere that when you update to the latest OS firmware (59.00.504) that it also automatically updates the music database. In this case, I updated to the latest OS yet my system still reads 00.07.000 for the music database. Puzzling.

Any ideas?(uhm)

I have music database 00.07.000 -- otherwise known as Gracenote -- on my 2017 CX-9 Signature. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest music database update from the Mazda site -- the file is labeled "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" vs. a specific version number, which is a little frustrating, as one has to assume it's the latest version) -- but my system would not accept the update. I've tried various USB sticks -- formatted correctly -- with the same result. I read somewhere that when you update to the latest OS firmware (59.00.504) that it also automatically updates the music database. In this case, I updated to the latest OS yet my system still reads 00.07.000 for the music database. Puzzling.

Any ideas?(uhm)

I finally figured it out. Mazda updates Gracenote by region. It's most likely the same content but if you don't have the correct file for your region, the Mazda OS won't load the update. In my case, I had downloaded an update by the name "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" which was NOT for the United States. I finally found an update by the name "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and it loaded just fine. You have to be a little patient as the update appears to hang toward the end of the process. Now I have Gracenote version 00.08.000.

I dont understand why they wont allow the tach? Why the late change in mind? In my opinion, the tach should come on when the car is in sports mode.

I finally figured it out. Mazda updates Gracenote by region. It's most likely the same content but if you don't have the correct file for your region, the Mazda OS won't load the update. In my case, I had downloaded an update by the name "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up" which was NOT for the United States. I finally found an update by the name "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and it loaded just fine. You have to be a little patient as the update appears to hang toward the end of the process. Now I have Gracenote version 00.08.000.

Thanks for the info, mines kept failing to update and couldn't figure out why since I was downloading from Mazda website and kept downloading "Gracenote_ADR_October2017.up". After your post and googled and found link to "Gracenote_NA_October2017" and this version installed fine.

I don’t understand why they won’t allow the tach? Why the late change in mind? In my opinion, the tach should come on when the car is in sports mode.

I agree. I don’t want it on all the time but did use it when in sport/manual shift mode. Was easier to see RPM in HUD rather than looking down.

Back