Larger throttle body?

that wasn't an argument it was a mere statement

Statements don't end with question marks...

^ I don't have to time nor the patience to explain how wrong you are. I will state that there is a point were porting, exhaust size, intake runner size and throttle body size are too large there-for losing velocity. Which will inturn lower torque. Also, the only cars that have "pressure" in there intake are turbo'd ones, when under boost. Otherwise we measure the air flow in terms like CFM and vacuum. I would also like to point out that torque is what we should be talking about because torque is measured and house power is calculated. HP=torqe/RPM

Thx mane. I stopped tryin as it wasn't worth the wasted energy as well... But, I've been laughing my arse off about this everytime I open up this thread, LOL.

Last edited:
ahahahhaha so funny! dude i get my information from a reliable source ok? i really am not going to trust a couple guys sitting at their computer who think they know what they are talking about. ill trust the guy who both races and builds cars for a living. so just because two people have wrong ideas in their heads doesnt mean that you are suddenly correct. and m reddle turbos do have pressure in the intake manifold, that is true. but its not true that ONLY they do. na cars have to have some sort of pressure or the air would not move through the intake manifold. it would sit still. the air that comes in goes through the throttle body and it gives it a certain amount of pressure and turbulence. if you port the TB then you lose necessary pressure to run your engine at optimum performance. all cars obviously have to have some sort of pressure. thats what the vacuum does. it gives a great deal of pressure. and with a throttle body larger than stock gives you less pressure. and the only reason i am arguing this is because this guy wanted to know if it would help and people like you keep saying stuff that is wrong and i want him to know what really happens.

ps. statements can have question marks hence the ":"

Yes, like how a port and polish robs you of horsepower. (bow)

*Edit Why do I keep responding?? haha If only I didn't have so much time to waste at work. (RTM)

i didnt say that. if u are running fast it helps, just not at low speeds. and if you keep saying "oh im done arguing this" "this is dumb" "its not worth my energy" then why do u keep talking?

i didnt say that. if u are running fast it helps, just not at low speeds. and if you keep saying "oh im done arguing this" "this is dumb" "its not worth my energy" then why do u keep talking?

*Edit Why do I keep responding?? haha If only I didn't have so much time to waste at work. (RTM)

I believe I already covered that...

O, and btw you did say that.
OK simple explanation: why would you port and polish everything if you will not be in a situation where you use high airflow? if you do that you lose the pressure thus losing hp.

that second part was a little unclear. i meant to say if you arent they dont do that. but the first sentence says why would u if u will not be in a high flow situation. thats when u do it. and that was edited u never said that before. haha where do u work? im getting a job and i want to work somewhere where i payed to do nothing! haha

yes, they only will really help horsepower on higher output applications. The increased flow of a 60mm TB vs stock 55mm TB is almost nothing on a N/A motor. Now, if you are FI, then it'd help even more. Then it'd be worth it.

I don't think it would be enough to notice. In fact, I think you actually LOSE throttle response with a larger TB. BTW, what kind of weight reduction have you done?

and btw heres a couple people who had stuff to say on the subject

#1 I think most of this lack of clarity is due to you not conveying your thoughts well, and they're getting misunderstood, as I have been trying to point out. I'm trying to be constructive here...

The point is that this "high flow" scenario you're talking about does occur... Its not only on the racetrack (although its supposed to be, but shhh). Everytime you take your motor above 4k rpms, that is what you keep calling a "high flow situation." So when you build up a small displacement motor, you often lose a little low end torque (which we don't have anyways), in order to make the high-end more productive.

#2 Finish your projects faster than your superiors can assign you new ones and you will have time to waste. :D

*Edit To your recent post, I already stated the gains, are Minimal with a TB. LOL, you keep going back to the same tired points that I already stated in my first post of this thread. I said FORGET IT AND GO FI! on my first or 2nd post. Thx

Last edited:
hahahah ill remember that. well yeah i know over 4k is high flow but i mean if his car is an automatic u really dont do that, and you dont go 4k at every gear ya know??

Every gear... Ya I do. I would gather to say most people do. I don't go above 4k everyday... Typically I shift by 3500 rpm. But if I'm "driving spiritedly" then I rev far beyond 4k in gears 1-4 :D

ik i was just browising some other stuff for the benefit of the guy who started this post. hahahah and im gonna port and polish my tb lmao. i made a custom ram air its pretty sweet so im quadroupling the airflow so im gonna polish it and make it like 1mm or 2 maybe 3 bigger hahahhahahahaha

haha same but i only shift a 3000 normally. but if i wanna pass some douche bag i drop a gear or 2 and go to 5500 lol. i mean ik everyone does but not everytime they leave a stop u know what i mean?

ik i was just browising some other stuff for the benefit of the guy who started this post. hahahah and im gonna port and polish my tb lmao. i made a custom ram air its pretty sweet so im quadroupling the airflow so im gonna polish it and make it like 1mm or 2 maybe 3 bigger hahahhahahahaha

Huh? lol (screwy)

do u have a cai? if not ill show u how to make a few horse for a couple bucks. ill show u what im doing

Last edited:
well im making a sheet metal thing in front of the intake opening on the stock intake and i am cutting a small hole in the top bar over the grille through the back so it pushes air through there into the metal ram and into the intake so more air!

I've got a "Custom" SRI... Just an altered ebay intake basically with some fresh air going to it. Write up a how-to about your setup.

ajkulish... Just to clarify, I do know a thing or two about all types of engines. My field of work is in engineering, I know fluid dynamics and I have built hundreds of full race motors. Everything from off-road baja truck 750hp LS1 motors to single cylinder shifter cart motors and too many full drag import motors. I held the record for the highest horse power SOHC sight six in the country for 3 years. Just because someone carries a 4.2 GPA doesn't mean they are smart or know what they are talking about. Take it for what it is worth but, I will not help again.

Back