KYB Excel-G/GR-2 with H&R lowering springs, need advice

kidhaulinP5

:
Please chime in if you actually have run kyb excel g/gr2 with lowering springs.
One vendor told me on here that the kyb's would work. Others have told me they will blow out quickly?

Has anyone had experience with the kyb's with h&r sport or eibach springs (or equiv).

I really want the tokico blues but they are on national backorder and unavailable indefinitely. I dont want to get coilovers so that doesn't leave me with many options.

If you have had kyb's with lowering springs, let me know what your opinion is and how long it lasted.

If you've never had this setup, no need to leave a post.
Appreciate it!

Currently running KYBs with Racingbeat springs (not the msp ones, the ones made for a p5). I haven't had them on very long, so I can't say how long they'll last. They seem to ride fine without any problems. Granted, though, that these provide very little drop.

I am currently running kyb's with eibach's and have had no issues. Installed the kyb's last summer, eibach's are about 3-4 years old.

I am currently running kyb's with eibach's and have had no issues. Installed the kyb's last summer, eibach's are about 3-4 years old.

Nice, is the ride pretty smooth? Do the kyb dampening rates keep up with the stiffer eibachs?
Im may just go ahead and get the kyb's since im not sure when the tokicos will be back on sale.

It depends on who you ask. My wife hates riding in my car, but my kids love it. They think it's fast. I don't have the heart to tell them otherwise! I am pretty happy with it, I somehow con my wife into taking it on all the road trips and I'm always fine when we get to our destination.

It depends on who you ask. My wife hates riding in my car, but my kids love it. They think it's fast. I don't have the heart to tell them otherwise! I am pretty happy with it, I somehow con my wife into taking it on all the road trips and I'm always fine when we get to our destination.

Good thing my wife won't be riding in it much. It mostly my commuter and im gonna try to autocross it too just for fun. What tires are you running? Im gonna stick with 16's for more tire cushion..

I'm looking at ordering the kyb lowering springs shocks and struts. Also ordering some bronze 17's. Thinking tire size 215/40/17 +40 offset. see any issues with that? im new to my p5 and customizing cars so any advice is appreciated. also when i replace the shocks, springs, and struts should I need any mounting hardware or brackets that are different from stock? The kit im ordering with doesn't seem to have anything other than .....^

Same and same, except only a few months old.

Back