Krown rustproofing?

New_to_Mazda5

:
Mazda5 GS 2012
Having heard of Mazda vehicles being prone to rust, I am thinking of some kind of rustproofing. My mechanic recommended Krown (www.krown.com).
Does it make sense at all? The car is already 4 years old and apparently no rustproofing was ever done. The car looks rusty underneath but no visible rust on body panels yet.
Please, personal experience with Krown: did it help?
Thanks

Update: Just read an opinion that krown product may destroy rubber parts like seals and bushings, is it true?

Last edited:
Hello, we have a 2009 Mazda 6, and a 2014 Mazda 5. Both got treated with Krown.

The Mazda 6 got sprayed 3 times, then we stopped doing it. Car looks fine, some superficial rust on suspension components and other undercarriage parts.

Mazda 5 got sprayed when it was brand new. I plan to keep re-spraying it.

I have not seen any issues with the rubber parts in our Mazda 6 so far.

I hope this helps.

Hello, we have a 2009 Mazda 6, and a 2014 Mazda 5. Both got treated with Krown.

The Mazda 6 got sprayed 3 times, then we stopped doing it. Car looks fine, some superficial rust on suspension components and other undercarriage parts.

Mazda 5 got sprayed when it was brand new. I plan to keep re-spraying it.

I have not seen any issues with the rubber parts in our Mazda 6 so far.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, I already got Krown and feel better now, after your comment.
The only complaint: my driveway is now very oily. I guess it's normal with this kind of treatment.

I guess it can't hurt, but I never sprayed my 2009 M5GT and I never spotted any rust other than surface rust on the chassis. The bolts on the lower engine cover did rust and seize though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back