Key IndicatorLight

Drover

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
Can anyone tell me what it means when the Key Indicator light is flashing red when the car is running? Doesn't say in the manual

Perfect! Thanks i will change the battery and see what happens. These keys suck if you ask me, i can't lock my doors unless I'm right next to the card and holding the button

The keyless sensor works only out to about three feet or so, so you do have to be about in that range of the sensor when you push the button on the car...but, unless you're Shaq your arms are shorter than three feet so it makes sense. ;) My key is always in my pocket, I never take it out and I really like it that way.

Change the battery and I bet you find that it works a lot better.

the "key" light on the dash is on and even after changing the battery in the key and disconnecting the car's battery.

also, to add to that, the driver side window controls do not work either. the other three doors window controls do work. i checked the fuses and none were blown. i have also tried to get the driver side window to roll down by holding down the unlock button on the keypad and that too does not work, at all.

any thoughts.

the "key" light on the dash is on and even after changing the battery in the key and disconnecting the car's battery.

also, to add to that, the driver side window controls do not work either. the other three doors window controls do work. i checked the fuses and none were blown. i have also tried to get the driver side window to roll down by holding down the unlock button on the keypad and that too does not work, at all.

any thoughts.

Don't know about the key light, but as for the windows, read here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123697742

yeah, i know the window link works, it also cured my diarhea and nausea.

the problem with the key indicator light staying lit red and the advance key not functioning properly was the result of keeping my wife's spare key in my center console. since it too is an "advanced" key of sorts, its mojo crossed my keys mojo and got crossed mojo-ination.

steps i took to resolve the issue are as follows.

1. remove the other "advanced" key from the vehicle.
2. disconnected the cars battery for 20-30 minutes.
3. polished my race pipe.
4. replaced the battery in my advance key (cr2025).
5. reconnected the battery
6. used the "valet key" to start the car
7. let the car sit for 5 hours or so and did not lock it.
8. used the valet key to get to work.
9. tried the lock button on the outside of the car to lock the doors and low and behold, the smartass advanced key card works again.

i'm guessing the car and key both needed to be reset and the removal of the other key as it is stated in the car's manual.

i'm going to take off the door panel and see what i can do about the window controls not functioning on the driverside only. i'm hoping a simply disconnection and reconnection of the controls will fix the issue.

the key is housed next to the "valet key" in the card itself. there is a rubber piece that is works as a hinge and holds the battery in place. just take something small enough to fit in the provided opening on the side of the advance key card and pry it open.

not sure what the hell is wrong with my system. i go to walmart to grab some stuff for the lawn and the card is not working again and the key indicator light in red is showing on the dash again.

i'm going to let the professionals handle it today.

i will post their findings and fix.

yeah, i know the window link works, it also cured my diarhea and nausea.
(rofl)

i think you are the first person to actually catch that since i created that thread a couple years ago..

as for the key light, if its coming on red and staying on, it probably means that one of your sensors needs replaced. the first couple runs of these advanced keys had an issue where if water (typically from ice) gets near the sensor it can short out. you may find that only one of the doors works, or maybe even none of them, but thats probably your issue.

should be covered under warranty, and they have a new design that seems to be much better (i had mine replaced twice in 07, and haven't since)

lol!

i was unaware of an issue with the key system, although i'm not too suprised. i'm going to drop it off today and hopefully get it back by the middle of next week.

thanks for the info!

i took the car to the dealer and they found that i needed a new antenna for the advanced key system. there are three, one in each of the front doors and one located in the bumper. the one in the bumper will need to be replaced.

as far as the window, a new switch is ordered and will be replaced and thus explaining why the master controls for the windows did not work, but individually they were operational, comma.

both repairs were 250ish a peice.

yea, i'm not shellin' out that kind of cash to the dealer for something i'm confident i could do myself. i'll post the part number when i get it from them.

yea, i'm not shellin' out that kind of cash to the dealer for something i'm confident i could do myself. i'll post the part number when i get it from them.

ohh good. i got scared a little when you said 500 in silly repairs from the stealership. good to know thread

Latest posts

Back