Kartboy SS

the MSP short shifter is way different than the Kartboy...

the Kartboy is a lot shorter (height-wise) and so are the throws (well, not alot but noticeably shorter). either way, the Kartboy shifter bushings are a must. it'll improve the throw more than anything else you can do without replacing the internals of the tranny... :D

KartBoy makes maybe 2 shifter styles for Mazda that I am aware of. They fit the same applications.

A good product though. We have them in if you need one.

PhreakV said:
the MSP short shifter is way different than the Kartboy...

the Kartboy is a lot shorter (height-wise) and so are the throws (well, not alot but noticeably shorter). either way, the Kartboy shifter bushings are a must. it'll improve the throw more than anything else you can do without replacing the internals of the tranny... :D
I think he may be asking if there are two different kartboy shifters--one for the P5 and one for the MSP, and whether there is a difference.

I don't see why there would be.

I'm not sure what other differences there may or may not be, but aren't the thread patterns (for the shift knob) different between the two?

MyZmZm said:
I'm not sure what other differences there may or may not be, but aren't the thread patterns (for the shift knob) different between the two?

you are thinking mp3

because p5 shifter is $105 and msp is $90....(the p5 once is longer) so if it the same i'll buy the msp once for my p5

the kartboy rocks. It gets rid of that phallic look the stock shifter has. The throws aren't too much shorter but its alot nicer.

Hi guys
There are two different shifters. the throws are the same. the only thing thats really different is the taper on the upper half that is used for the MSP factory knob. the MSP lever will work just fine on the P5's. i had that one on my personal car and it rocked.
feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions. sorry i havent been around much lately. we have a new racecar project for a customer that has been taking alot of my time :)

Tom

Back