Just wanted to say hi!

livewire516

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
I've just bought a 2002 Mazda Protege5! Here are some pics the dealer took:
28575B11-2CA8-4BBD-A57F-7C3D54B73F2B_7.jpg

28575B11-2CA8-4BBD-A57F-7C3D54B73F2B_2.jpg

I love all cars - probably too much. When I was a teenager I guess I just didn't care about the environment, so I bought a 1995 Firebird Formula, with a 6spd manual, 5.7L V8 and t-tops. I love the thing but now I've graduated college with a more interest about trying to be less damaging to the environment, and also living a little more simply and frugally for my own piece of mind; with these new values the Firebird just seems irrelevant. Although I wanted a car to be frugal and fuel efficient I still wanted to enjoy driving, so the P5 seemed like a clear choice.

I plan to use it for commuting, but I would like to autocross it. So while commuting, I plan to use some hypermiling techniques and modifying the car for great efficiency. While autocrossing, I would hope some of those modifications may also improve cornering and steering response.

I'm excited about my new P5 and I'm looking forward to talking to you all on the forums!

Thanks. I'm used to stripped-out muscle cars so this car is in the nicest condition of any car I've owned. I have every intention on keeping it that way too.

Back