Just Bought Yoko's for 08 GT AWD!! What a difference.

pbgelber

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Just put on the new Yoko Parada's yesterday, and all I can say is they make a huge difference in the snow. We have had two good snow storms in MN so far this season. I was nervious about the Bridgestone's, but wanted to give them a try. The first strom was only a few inches, and melted quickly. Tires seemed ok. The second storm was 7-8 inches, and the temp. dropped to 0 for several days. I slid into a car at an intersection the first night of the second storm. Luckly, no damage, but what crappy tires. Ordered the Yoko's thru my local Discount Tire ($830 installed). They found 4 in TX and shipped them to MN at no charge to me. I had started with the Tirerack, but once I placed the order, they could not fill it. Don't hesetate to switch your tires to the Yoko's. I only have 11,xxx on my CX-9, but felt unsafe to have my wife, newborn and son driving in the winter with the old Bridgestones. The Yokohamas make a world of difference in braking, handeling, and noise levels. The traction control from a dead stop is hard to make engage unless I really floor it in the snow, and the ABS is the same. You really have to nail the brakes to engage it. Spend the money, and stay out of the ditch, or getting into and accident. Anyone want a set of slightly used Bridgestones???

Glad to hear they work well in the snow because I will be testing my new Yoko's in MN also. I will be driving to MN in the next few weeks from Ohio so I hope they work well.

Last edited:
Back