June 3rd NWOR Auto-x

We have an air tank we can bring and Marc is bringing his easy up, bring a chair and snacks, food to eat

I have an air tank there is no reason to bring one.
I am bring:
easy up, air tank, cooler, SUN BLOCK, torque wrench, jack, tire gauge, helmet, numbers, and chair.

Well, eventually I would like to buy my own stuff so I'm not bumming off of you guys.

Also, I found this video of what might be a current track layout so I can research. :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kPOrG6vINGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wouldn't count on the course being the same. It's easier to get things figured out with a little course walk/skip/run/crawl action.

How many runs is typical with NWOR? I might blow off my friend and go with you guys, because let's be honest...you're way more fun.

Yay!! You get eleventy runs! Does that answer make you say yes to coming with us? :D

Marc, Marlon, Lauri and others, you've already been extremely helpful and we haven't even hit the course yet. I appreciate all the support from you guys.

They usually get 4-6 runs but they are long fast runs. I am far into third gear on many of there courses. Evan there courses are always different BTW .

Aways different unless you guys attend an event at Fostoria then they are always the same and they hold timed records for each class. I think someone said SUN BLCOK, and it is a must if you are pail becasuse you will burn not mater what the weather is out there. The MSP shouls be there :)

My soon to be newly painted MSP will be there as well.......we are just coming to lend a hand with novices. We'll also let you guys borrow our Go Pro as well, so you can see your runs. Also, I have this APP that you can use as well, Gearzy.....

Well, eventually I would like to buy my own stuff so I'm not bumming off of you guys.

Also, I found this video of what might be a current track layout so I can research. :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kPOrG6vINGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can see my car behind the red one in line at the end on the clip. I broke my rear sway bar bracket on the 2nd run on that course. Not the fastest course setup, but they set up courses way faster than that. Just depends on who is the course designer that day. If Dax Bushmyer designs it, expect a fast course or a chicago box. Good times. I ben on a couple runs with other where we have gone 80-85 on some straights, whichis unheard of in other areas, but not at TEA :)

NWOR usually has Big C's barbque at there larger autox events if you want something hot for lunch. pulled pork sandwich with a small bag of chips is about $6 and they also have brats for about $3 ea. I am not afiliated with them but there sandwich is pretty good.
120 registered as of today.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time! Wish I had the extra cash to go. Oh and a fast car would be nice also lol

Preliminary forecast according to weather.com - Hi - 75, Lo - 57, 10% chance of rain, wind @ 14mph. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

That's about perfect. Much better than the 100 degrees it was in Columbus this past weekend.

The car/engine ran perfectly. The brakes, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. I had a co-driver so it was nonstop running during our group and no water or anything to cool them off, coupled with some fairly hard braking areas on the course was not a good thing.

Definitely boiled the fluid. I'm thinking the pads got too hot as well because now I have some vibration coming through the steering wheel during braking.

That was with the Speed3, right? I watched your video.

Why didn't you take the Miata?

Correct. The Miata has been down with a bad catalytic converter since the last track day I did, soon as I get it to 5k+ rpm it sounds like death and doesn't want to go anywhere. I've been planning on ordering a new one from Jason at EnthuzaCar but I've been putting it off in the hopes that I can afford to get a cat-back exhaust at the same time. :D

But I was actually glad for this, because having the Speed3 was a blessing in disguise. Having the AC on in between runs was fantastic. Not to mention the drive to and from C-bus isn't the greatest in the Miata with racing seats on a 90+ degree day. I was also pleasantly surprised how fun the Speed3 was to autocross once I adjusted my driving style to suit the extra power and FWD.

So is there a count on how many of you are coming out? Sorry is if I missed the list somewhere.

Back