Awaiting Install:
AWR Rear Mount 88 Duro

Future Projects:
Tint Bar
Lowering Springs
HID's
Short Shifter
Front Brakes
Stereo System - All new speakers and headunit(might do a sub if I can find room for it)
Repair or replace drivers side headlight lens
Fix chips and dents
Replace/repair drivers side rear door

That's all I can think of for now... I'll update as I go :)

381346_356191021063228_100000169980466_1668477_1647560462_n.jpg

e16f6398.jpg

ca191a58.jpg

5a3461ec.jpg

e8e72184.jpg

ba0b942f.jpg

Last edited:
Post some more pics and ***** her out ;) sounds like you got good ideas tho! Don't steal my wheel paint idea tho.... Lol

A special little paint I'm tryin out :) got a thread on it. Did you take the balancing weights off your rims b4 paint? Also what grit did you use to sand the surface down?

Keep us posted on how the plastidip holds up. seems like it might do better than regular paint!? Im wanting to buy black rims for my red p5 but I might do this in the meantime. :)

Also did u take your badges ofd to paint? If so how did u do it and how did u stick them back on? Car looks mean woth the black and red! Thats the theme I want to do with mine lol

dude! ur doin the same things i wanted to do! :D

awesome job with the p5./ hit me up for help if u ever need it.

Thanks for all the comments!!!

I've been absent from posting because of a few problems i ran into problems getting the mounts in... dear lord that was a beast.... one of the holes was messed up on the passenger side so that was fun... then the tranny mount didn't want to line up with the bracket because of the way i had the engine hoisted... so that was fun.... lol didnt have time to do the rear.... but let me say.... the vibration from these mounts is insaine.... i was reading many reviews trying to decide what to go with and just said screw it and went with 88.. i mean how bad could it be considering it already have a bad vibration because of the torn mount.... oh it can be worse lol.... gotta say though.. the car does feel more solid and I have found many new vibrration projects to hold me over for a while... I'll be chasing every one of those.... hopefully they break in more with time...

Next weekend.... shifter bushings... more vibration? oh crap... haha!

time for a stereo upgrade :D

for now I ride down the road with that 88 duro buzzzzzz

Keep us posted on how the plastidip holds up. seems like it might do better than regular paint!? Im wanting to buy black rims for my red p5 but I might do this in the meantime. :)

So far so good... theres a little chip in one of them that i just did... its more like a little hole of silver showing through... im gonna just cover the brakes with newspaper and shoot a quick layer over it... something ive come to learn with thise project is layering... try and do it all at once and it globs and looks like crap... if you need any tips let me know but this is what i did:

clean them as good as you can get them.. i took some steel wool to the insides and it helped with a bit of surface rust and black stains.. be carefull not to remove your weights... i painted right over them... yeah ill have to repaint them if i have to have them balanced... but oh well

tape off: well pretty much nothing... I did the front wheels by taping everything but the faces of the rim... what a waste of time.... i did the rears and the only thing i taped off was the valve stem.... so much time saved and they look way better than the fronts...

Shake very well!!!! and when youve been spraying for 15 seconds or so... stop and shake for 15 seconds... trust me.. it clogs up the can and renders it useless.. pluss it sprayed chunks on what used to be a nice even layer... luckily this stuff kind of flattens itself out and it didnt really affect it.

spray even layers all over the front while its flat on the ground... get it from all angles and dont worry about missing a bit here or there... i did about 4 solid coats on each rim... looks thick enough to cover and minor rash and scrapes and has held up through an easy hand car washing
do the same to the back while its standing up and roll it a bit spray.. roll spray... keep doing till you get it all around...

dont worry about overspray.. trust me! it comes off VERY EASILY!!! i even purposely spray quite a bit around where the rim touches the tire to get a good grasp on the rim...

Let it dry about 15 between coats... dont over do it all at once or itll run and clump up... dont fret if it does though... it will probably distribute across a larger area... happened to me.

keep doing it till you are happy with the results... and let it dry completely before remounting... be carefull putting those lug nuts on!

once they are on there and you are happy... rub the overspray and get it started so you can peel it all off... it comes off like the clear plastic on the front of a new electron device! Very cool for a cheap way to get a different... and completely reversable look!!

the badges were so easy... ill take some close ups tomorrow for you so you can see how they turned out...

I didn't even remove them.. sprayed right on the car... i taped them off with some painters tape... you want to leave about an inch or so of exposed body between your tape and badges.... use some newspaper to catch any of the other overspray around it...clean with alcohol really well.. just shake really well and do a quick even coat from the bottom then the top... stay about a foot away so it wont clump.

do about 3 layers letting it dry between each one... when you are happy and have it completely covered pull your tape off and peel the plastidip away from the badges... it will etchs its own perfect little line... even the holes within the badge peeled away pretty easily... I had to redo them once... but this time theyre pretty good...

great thing about it is if you screw up it comes off so easy and its pretty cheap at $6 a can

the one on the grill i did the same way!!! just tape all the holes and shoot it!

I used about 3 1/2 cans to do 4 rims and all badges.

Good luck!! :D

Back