Job

Werd, good luck to you man.

I am lucky enough to have a father that owns a company and a restaraunt. I have both of those to fall back on, but I would like to do things outside of those lines of work.

I hear ya. I am just in kind of a weird spot. I didn't finish college...Aand I had kind of given up on my hopes and dreams and settled into a "normal" life of a career and family and then the girl I was dating said NO when I proposed and then I lost my job that I thought was going to be my career. Now I am alone unemployed with a big house and driving a station wagon ( no offense to anyone and I still love my car but one of the reasons I bought it was because the girl I was dating had 2 kids and I was trying to be responsible and all that BS) I am an artist by nature and have tried a few times to sell my work. I have been somewhat successful but have never done it full time and am scared to make the leap of faith. Besides the economy just hasn't been right for artists lately. I would love to incorporate my love of automobiles into work somehow but I just am not really sure what I am going to do. SOmetimes I think about going back to school but back to school for what? I am not looking to make millions but want to live comfortably. Am not afraid of hard work but expect to be rewarded for going the extra mile. Is that so hard to find in a job???

FuNwaGoN said:
I would love to incorporate my love of automobiles into work somehow but I just am not really sure what I am going to do. SOmetimes I think about going back to school but back to school for what? I am not looking to make millions but want to live comfortably.
go to school to be a mechanic, then you can get a job working on normal cars while doing things on the side for your creative side like tuning cars or building motors, etc... it pays decent too, and if you get good enough at tuning and build a name for yourself you can start your own shop

My little bro just graduated from Nashville Auto/Diesel College in Sept. and is starting a job today that will bring in almost 40 grand a year in a small rural area.

People in the trades are making pretty decent cash these days, as trades people are in demand. I've been thinking about learning the trades better to become an automotive mechanic, and eventually start my own shop. But that is a ways off still, as I'd like to finish school first, and see where it lands me.

ELEmental59437 said:
The whole strip club idea still puzzles me.... lets go ahead and put that idea aside for now.. lol

Craig, how much does an installer usually get at car toys and places like that? I am planning on going in to one after I finish my sub box fiberglass work and using my car as a resume (if the pay is decent)

Can you describe AMX and crestron programming to me, I read a little about it when you were talking about it earlier but I am still not sure exactly what its for.

Car audio install is either hourly from 10-20/hour based on your experience and productivity or by commision.

AMX and crestron are fairly simple control codes that run board room AV systems. You just use there software to setup buttons and backgrounds on a touch panel and then use another application to do the "hard coding" that makes the control processor that has typicly 6 com ports, 8 relay ports and 8 IR port communicate with projectors, VCRs, computer interfaces, switcher, routers, ect.

I would pass up the strip club gig. Reason being we all know dancers as much as i like em do a lot of drugs. Yo'll be driving them around for a bit & when they get used to u they will have u driving somewhere to score some nose candy for them. i don't think u would want to get into that

Back