Jeff's MSP GTR Build

Me or is it on an angle lol?

its easier for me to read all I have to do is see if the white needle is straight up rather than read the rpm. it helps alot when you are concentrating on braking and turning etc. I shift between 7400 and 7800 depending on what im doing. its a little off in the picture, but the industrial velcro is kack ass so its easy to move around. the ebc has been held perfectly in place for over 2 years now I even use the stuff to hang stuff up in my garage lol its pretty good stuff.

Last edited:
here are some update pics

photo8.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

I just need to minimize the wiring by the 2 fuse boxes. I am debating on just combining them into 1 box to make it look a bit nicer. Im also thinking of hiding the wideband wiring on the left side and the charcoal canister so there is no wiring what so ever on the pass side of the engine bay.

still no turbo on the car. i ended up having to change jobs as my work started bouncing cheques on me and I got my first 2 weeks of pay held at the new place so its been a bit ruff for the MSP lately. The BP05 still pulls like a champ. I estimate it at 110-115whp now that I retuned for 12.2:1 at WOT. My buddies all seem to think it is making at least 150 flywheel as I can pass my buddies integra LS (stock) with ease and my other buddies 2005 Focus 2.3 I can keep up with pretty good, by the end of 3rd he has about 2 or 3 cars on me.

I think Im about 100-150 pounds lighter than a stock MSP right now. (no ac, no PS, smaller capacity rad, no turbo, smaller transmission, smaller axles, no spare tire, no under car brace (sub frame connector?) piece, lighter battery than before, no splash guards, no spare tire, no amp or subs, no carpet in the trunk, no catalytics converters, no heavy cast exhaust manifold, no emission devices of any kind aside from pcv and charcoal canister (both weigh nothing).

Last edited:
looks great! ...though i'd really recommend NOT putting the intake there to suck up water in a bad rain, you don't want to hurt your new motor!

hasnt been a problem for me yet, even with no splash guards. Im never driving hard through puddles, but if I lived somewhere like Florida where there is alot of rain I might consider it.

My IAT has never been higher than ambient. It is a "true" cold air intake lol

negative, just all components in the engine bay in case i decide to put it back in at a later date.

lol back to normal with some minor scarring. Ready to tackle a 3" downpipe :)

well the timing belt snapped last night so I am gonna try and change the belt and install the turbo at the same time. will update by the end of the week with some pics.

ended up deciding to flip the turbo around so that the intake is on the passenger side, and the exhaust on the drivers side. Should make for the shortest possible FMIC routing and give me tons of room for a 3" downpipe.

timing belt ftl

photo6.jpg

Here are some mock up pics of the turbo install. i am ordering a bunch of couplings and t bolts tomorrow. should be pretty close with the intake, turbo to ic pipe, rad hose and oil drain all together on that side of the engine bay but the piping route is ftw and I can build any style downpipe easily and if I decide to throw on one of those external wastegate adaptors in between the turbo and manifold for kicks at a later time it would be very easy to do all the piping as well.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo.jpg

Once the turbo is clocked straight down it should be the shortest possible piping route with a conventional fmic.

Last edited:
wow that is neat on that turbo. ur goin to have to do some custom work there lol anyways sub for one of a kind.

clocked the turbo tonight so the compressor housing is pointed straight down. did some more work on the pipes. it goes 2" to 2.5" in a 90 degree coupler, small hardpipe, 90 degree 2.5 into IC. Its uber short.

Silex came by and we decided to redo the oil feed using brake lines and save my nice AN SS feed for the GTR motor.

Silex redid my ugly welds on the turbo outlet. 3" straight out of the turbine housing. Compared to even the corksport S pipe I had (and sold) for the FSDE, it appears like it will flow much better as the exhaust doesnt need to change direction right away since I dont have to worry about any accessories in the way (not that I have any, but compared to a stock msp) and the adaptor from the housing flange to the 3" section is a nice smooth premade piece that we cut down but still has a bit of a bellmouth transition. pics will depict this much better lol

I am hoping to be done all the work and have a rough tune by the end of the weekend providing everything keeps going well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back