JDM_Pro5's Build Thread

I wouldn't mind a fiberglass one either.. But if he's not making replicas, let me know

Btw, are those vents functional or just for looks?

Still digging my WRX wagon. I've almost fixed everything on this beast (getting parts left and right to undo things left by the previous owner)
I've painted the scoop, mirrors, spoiler, and sideskirts white to match the body, pulled a replacement trans from the junkuyard, bought a jdm turbo off my friend's imported engine with only 40k miles on it, replaced the whole shifter/bushing assembly with a full kartboy kit, got a SPT heat shield, yellow fog overlays, and more. Going to gut the cats on this STI exhaust to help the turbo breathe, probably get a downpipe too, and get a nice tune to top it all off.

I sold my P5 front end to a local with a midnight P5. Traded my MSP bumper, MSP lip, fog deletes, and DG grill for his stock front end and cash

20150606_191318_zpsuu8nh7as.jpg

20150612_100640_zpsjtrzohiv.jpg

20150612_110655_zpsrz4inlv6.jpg

Looks great man! When I was looking for a wagon I was considering one of these. Just wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep (gas + insurance) unfortunately :( better than the p5 I assume?

Unfortunately better indeed. The upkeep is a bit more pricey, but the return in driver feedback and pleasure is well worth it. I do believe the protege wins in the aesthetics departmart.
I've never been a huge fan of bugeyes, or Impreza wagons for that matter, but both are growing on me. It's slightly roomier which helps too.

You'll really enjoy the new wagon. I've had my bugeye for seven years now and absolutely love it. Just be careful with engine/exhaust upgrades - these cars are really sensitive to most changes without a proper tune. I'd recommend jumping on NASIOC if you're not already on there. They have a lot of useful information in the stickys if you can wade through the newb bashing.

You'll really enjoy the new wagon. I've had my bugeye for seven years now and absolutely love it. Just be careful with engine/exhaust upgrades - these cars are really sensitive to most changes without a proper tune. I'd recommend jumping on NASIOC if you're not already on there. They have a lot of useful information in the stickys if you can wade through the newb bashing.

Way ahead of you buddy :)

I have a friend that can flash tune the ecu as I mod it. i'm well aware of how picky this engine is :)

I'd like to get 500 for it. That includes the aerocatch locking hood pins with the password jdm flush mounts. So, 500 plus shipping? I could probably ship it greyhound for around $50

Back