It's over folks.

A moose!? Talk about bad luck. Sounds like you're at least relatively OK, any injuries? Care to share the play by play? I'm assuming the moose shared the same fate as the 2.

LOVE the new car! I wish you a speedy recovery.

A moose!? Talk about bad luck. Sounds like you're at least relatively OK, any injuries? Care to share the play by play? I'm assuming the moose shared the same fate as the 2.

LOVE the new car! I wish you a speedy recovery.

I was at the ending of a 70km/h corner (So a big one) and the moose came out of the woods at the last second. Couldn't avoid hit and I ended up doing barrel roll in the woods. The paramedics all said how lucky I was to have no injuries. A little bit of glass in the hand and a light bruise on the back of my elbow. The moose died too...

The "funny" thing is... Not ONE of the airbags had come off... not one. And look at the car ;)

Thanks for the 3 love (rockon)

I'm glad you walked away from that one. Gratz on the new wheels!

-Derrick

Good to hear you made it out okay. Those airbags may not have went off but at least the car protected you well none the less. Best of luck with the new car =)
At least you took the moose down too, worst things is when you wreck your car and the animal walks off like "thanks bro, nice driving".

A friend of mine said moose meat is great for fajitas, did you get a chance to try some?

-Derrick

Holy s*** dude, that's insane. Sorry about the 2, but I'm glad you're okay. The little guy gave his life to save yours.

The new 3 looks good, nice choice.

A friend of mine said moose meat is great for fajitas, did you get a chance to try some?

-Derrick

They don't even let us keep the meat here in Quebec. They give it to the amerindien tribes.. But your friend is right it is a great wild meat.

Holy s*** dude, that's insane. Sorry about the 2, but I'm glad you're okay. The little guy gave his life to save yours.

The new 3 looks good, nice choice.

My old 2 key is hanging on my new 3 rear view mirror:) Never forget.

Interesting that no air bags went off. My sisters 3 week old jetta (try as I might, I couldn't talk her into a 3) was totaled and none of her airbags went off either. I'd like to know wtf is going on with all these non-functioning airbags!

Interesting that no air bags went off. My sisters 3 week old jetta (try as I might, I couldn't talk her into a 3) was totaled and none of her airbags went off either. I'd like to know wtf is going on with all these non-functioning airbags!

SERIOUSLY! My mom got in an accident and rolled her honda and not a single air-bag went off either..

Makes me wonder how much weight in airbags can be removed since apparently there's a significant possibility it's just ballast anyways.

Wow!! Glad you came out with no injuries... All this no airbags not deploying seems fishy, wonder if it didn't fully contact the deployment area...

The article I linked above says that it is actually pretty common for airbags to fail to deploy in a roll over situation. Unless the car actually has a roll over sensor (which apparently ours does not) then it is unlikely to trigger any of the impact sensors.

Back