AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece

AN7

Contributor
:
Mazda2 1.5T Sport
AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece ----Mazda 2 Turbo Project---

Hi there, my name is Konstantinos and i am from Athens, Greece.

The car was bought on 25 June of 2008.

The color is Brilliant Black(A3F) and i also have the Sport Appearance Pack(here in greece we call it SAP)

In the interior trim i have: clima, 6 speakers, 4 electric windows, trip computer, leather steering wheel+gear knob, and the 16" rims

Engine Mods(pre turbo)
Simota Carbon Filter Box
Custom Φ50mm Cat-Back Exhaust by Exhaust Flow
Engine Oil Torco SR-5 5w-40
Transmission Fluid Amsoil MTG 75w-90
Spark Plugs Denso Iridium Power IK20
Throttle Body Coolant bypass
Engine Grounds By me
Stock Airbox Removal with hand made ECU box by me
Mazda 3 1.4/1.6 transmission with 4.388 FGR
"JDM" Oil Catch Can
Gates Belt
ECU reprogrammed by autoveltiosis

Engine Mods(after turbo)
Z6 Built engine with forged pistons and rods
F35 Built trans with custom gears
E-manage Ultimate installed and programmed by me
Turbo TD04-13T from Subaru WRX
Turbo Header Mini-ramhorn Custom made by me
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
2.5" downpipe by Exhaust flow
2.75" cat back exhaust by Garage Team
Toyosports Universal Intercooler
Larger Denso Injectors 550cc
Custom Made 6-puck clutch
Custom made rear mount(dogbone)
Custom made Left Upper mount

Tires, Brakes and Suspension:
Brake Pads: Hawk
Brake Rotors : Brembo
Brake Fluid Motul RBF600
Tires: Pirelli P-Zero Nero 195/45/16 on stock Rims
Tires 2: Uniroyal Rainsport 2 205/50/15 on MX5 NB f/l Rims
FK Lowering Springs(-35mm)

Interior :
Auto Gauge Stepper Motor, Oil Temperature and pressure
Dashhawk Gen II
Glovebox hole cover
EGT Sensor

Dyno Charts:

_Mother Nature_____________Simota Carbon Filter Box- Middle Box and Rear Muffler

Photos:

Exterior: (before lowering)

Exterior: (after lowering)

Engine(pre turbo) :

Engine(after turbo) :

Interior:

Video on dyno after the ECU was reflashed (pre turbo)

Video on dyno turboed

Last edited:
Nice looking 2! Do you remember what the stock spark plugs were? NGK? I wish we had the same bumper cover the Euro and Japanese market. The US is all about the smiling front ends. My 2010 Mazdaspeed3 has one and now so does our 2011 Mazda2.

Nice looking 2! Do you remember what the stock spark plugs were? NGK?
Thanx

The Mazda 2 OEM Spark Plugs Are Denso SK16PR-E13. (1.3mm gap)

I wish we had the same bumper cover the Euro and Japanese market. The US is all about the smiling front ends. My 2010 Mazdaspeed3 has one and now so does our 2011 Mazda2.
If what i m reading isn't totally wrong, The smiling face will come and here too, as a facelift and with reduced power output due to Euro V emission stage(The first ones are Euro iV)

That smilling face is little bit "high" :D

Nice 2 :D... just put some wheelspacers :D -> http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123785788-Hello-from-Germany
lol

Thanx m8,

about the spacers, i prefer to change rims with less offset than the stock ones(ET50).
Tell me crazy or anything you want, but spacers is my last option :p

Another photo with steel rims and semi slicks on them for track use,
satined.jpg

And some from track days.

pa170309s.jpg

81211266360021933131777.jpg

37899551.jpg

Nice Mazda 2. You have choose the same place for your gauges like me. ;-)
How high is your oiltemp. on the track?

I have installed the gauges couple of months ago and since then i haven't go to visit any track.

The place is optimal for gauges as its not visible from outside and i didn't like to fit them on the column

On the track it was suboptimal to look on the gauges because they are very lowly. But ive seen 105C @ 15minutes full throttle. Very good cooling I think. But I dont know how much temperature the tuned 1.5l engine has ...

One thing I dont understand. What have you done with the Throttle Body Coolant bypass and what are the advantages from this move? Is it for better cooling (Ive seen you are from greece)

On the track it was suboptimal to look on the gauges because they are very lowly. But ive seen 105C @ 15minutes full throttle. Very good cooling I think. But I dont know how much temperature the tuned 1.5l engine has ...

One thing I dont understand. What have you done with the Throttle Body Coolant bypass and what are the advantages from this move? Is it for better cooling (Ive seen you are from greece)

105 degrees are fair enought. What was the external(environment) temperature?
I ll let you know as soon as i visit a track :)

Its suboptimal if you want to check the oil pressure while you are cornering, to see if there is pressure drop(in this case, just put another person as a passenger to stare all the time the pressure :p) , but for oil temp, you dont want to see it all the time, between the corners, you can easily take a sneak peak without missing your lines.

About the throttle body coolant bypass...

The engine coolant passes Inside the throttle body. This helps the throttle body to operate under very low temps and not to stuck, cause of the engine coolant, while the engine is up n running, the hot water will warm up the throttle body.

Here in Greece, we dont have such a low temps, and our summer is very hot, so, imagine the car in a traffic jam the hot days of august, and the throttle body @ 100C all the time. This has also the disadvantage that it raises the Intake Air Temperature = loose of hp and raises all the temperatures inside the engine(i.e EGT, Oil etc)

Last edited:
Hey bud
what's your tyre sizes on the second pair of wheels?
My car is almost the same as yours except for intake we struggle to find those here.
My car is lowered bu H&R but I want to change my tyre size, I currently use 195/50r15's

Why do you want to change 195/50/15?I think it's the best compromise between performance and comfort.
M2Tim,what engine oil do you use,what gauge and were have you installed the oil temp sensor(oil baffle bolt or sandwich plate)?
I'm asking because during track use,my oil climbs to 140 deg celcius which is not good.Now I use 10w40 oil instead of 5w30 and the oil temp has dropped 5-10 degrees.

Hey bud
what's your tyre sizes on the second pair of wheels?
My car is almost the same as yours except for intake we struggle to find those here.
My car is lowered bu H&R but I want to change my tyre size, I currently use 195/50r15's

The other pair of wheels are 195/50/15.

Why do you want to change the size?

@vdsracing: I use 5W30 (Dexelia). My gauges are made by quantiTec and the temp. and oil sensor is installed by a sandwitchplate. Same solution like AN7 has. The external temperature was 16-17C and drivetime 15 minutes. I think thats the reason for your high temp. In greece its a bit hotter than in germany and i have just the 86hp-version ;-) . But you can install a oilcooler for lower temps. You just need another sandwich plate with thermostat ... i think the temp will drop 10C. ;-)

Last edited:
Hey guys
It makes the wheel gap bigger than the oem 185/55's
But I'll probably stay with 195/50's as they're cheap.

VDS they use 15w40 at the dealers here in RSA but it is probably for the hotter climate.

215 for every day use i believe that is overkill.

it ll slow down the car cause the extra friction and increase the gas consumption.

No reason for every day use to change the 195s, they are enough for everything ;)

Just slap a small turbo on it, then it would make up for the little loss of HP with a nice gain of HP. ;)

Back