It's Official..We are 08 GT owners

mrsdubose

:
Brilliant Black 2008 GT CX-9 FWD
We found a great deal on an 08 GT with only 23K miles for 25,000 at Carmax. She has a black exterior and black interior. We are going to call her Darkness aka Nessie. We love the car except the GPS/navigation screen (we wanted the LARGE rearview camera)..it does suck monkey balls (gun), but I knew that before we bought it.

Checked out my map version and we have 2007. Would anyone happen to have 2009 and be willing to share? It would be greatly appreciated

Thank you SOOO much for this forum. It really helped me and look forward to using it more in the future

hehe got our 1st compliment (I wasn't there but hubbie reported back to me)...College girl in car mouths "pretty car" and my husband mouths "Thank you..I know" and she continues to stare at husband. Damn, car is already a chick magnet. I think its the sexiness of the black..

On another note, SC got SNOW so Darkness aka Nessie is covered in snow...(gah)

Congrats! You will love it...nothing better in the segment than a CX-9 Grand Touring;-)

hehe got our 1st compliment (I wasn't there but hubbie reported back to me)...College girl in car mouths "pretty car" and my husband mouths "Thank you..I know" and she continues to stare at husband. Damn, car is already a chick magnet. I think its the sexiness of the black..

On another note, SC got SNOW so Darkness aka Nessie is covered in snow...(gah)

Congrats on the purchase. I am still in info gathering phase to decide which used SUV to purchase. I was wondering if you could share your insights into which other cars did you look at and what led you to CX-9. I am at the moment looking at
  • CX-9 GT (front runner in my mind). Just the right balance of utility, features, drive and value.
  • Cadillac SRX (2007-09). It appears to be a nice vehicle on paper and pictures. Main worry for me are the quality concerns. But there are actually better deals on used SRX than CX-9 and may be with extended warranty, quality concerns can be mitigated. This is all in my head at the moment (confused)
  • 2007+ MDX: Again seems like a very good car, but pricey.
I would really appreciate if you or anyone else on this great forum can share their thoughts.
Cheers

I love my CX-9..you get all those options for less and for a better ride in my opinion...The handling on the CX-9 is AMAZING. I didn't test drive the SRX or the MDX but I would suggest checking out edmunds.com for reviews and going for a test drive too. Remember also MDX and SRX are "luxury" vehicles so they will come with a higher price tag. Personally I love the interior of the CX-9 and it is quite "luxurious" to me..Happy Hunting

Back