Is this a direct replacement?

Why not call a dealership and get a part number for our stock turbo to verify?

You'll need to make an outlet adaptor for the compressor housing since its a 3 bolt exit. Make a flange, weld a pipe, done. ATP might even sell them. From that picture, you'll have to reclock the housings as well.

Ah...I see. That should not be to big of a deal. Clocking the housing should not be too hard and for those who have hardpipes or the Samco hot pipe, that adapter should work perfectly if you are willing to cut a little off of the end of the pipe.

Mazda retails our replacement turbo for $2250!

I don't need a new turbo at this point, but this seems to be a way better deal than OEM, that is, if you don't plan on going GT28r, etc.

dirtysouth_msp said:
Ah...I see. That should not be to big of a deal. Clocking the housing should not be too hard and for those who have hardpipes or the Samco hot pipe, that adapter should work perfectly if you are willing to cut a little off of the end of the pipe.

Mazda retails our replacement turbo for $2250!

I don't need a new turbo at this point, but this seems to be a way better deal than OEM, that is, if you don't plan on going GT28r, etc.

say yours has gone bad, then get a new one under warranty, if you still have a warranty :)

msp2003.5 said:
say yours has gone bad, then get a new one under warranty, if you still have a warranty :)

you'll find that theres quite a number of people here, even if they have less than 50K miles, that no longer have a warranty....

jmv said:
you'll find that theres quite a number of people here, even if they have less than 50K miles, that no longer have a warranty....

well yea if you have a poo load of modifications, then yes, you will have problems obtaining a valid warranty ;)

Ha ha, yeah I doubt they will really give me any more warranty work. My turbo is fine, I was just doing some research to get an idea of what it would cost to replace if I ever had problems. I work for a shop, so labor will not really cost me anything anyway. They have gt28's also, but without a forged motor that would be a bad idea.

Back