Is there anything Like this for our cars?

vampyrate

#SaveTheManuals
:
2019 Mazda 3 6spd
I used to have an Elantra that had the Altron Window Relay Kit. Essentially what it did was one touch raise and lower of the windows for all 4 doors from the driver's side (you could also stop it at different heights just by releasing the button or tapping it again). Another function of this that I loved was that when the power was turned off, there was still power going to the windows and it would roll up all four windows as well.

Here is a link and pic to what I am talking about just in case anyone knows of anything like this (searching came up with nothing for me):

http://seoulfulracing.en.ecplaza.net/catalog.asp?DirectoryID=134243&CatalogID=580532

20070516070423cont.jpg

i would love this feature. my girlfriends saab has this ability and every switch will put the window all the way up or down with one flick.

i know you can do windows always on mod so you can still put the windows up and down with the car off. i did it and its prob my favorite mod so far

We have that feature for the drivers side window only. He's talking about all 4 windows...

yes. im talking about for all 4 windows where you dont have to "double" the driver's switch to put it down with one touch and get all four windows down. the one feature that i miss the most is to have the windows go up when the car is turned off.

a member over at an elantra forum that im on has this done and also has it wired to allow for the windows to stay cracked when the car is turned off (hot southern summers) with the window lock button engaged.

perhaps if there is enough interest we can locate and contact the altron company and see if they work something out like that for the protege and other mazdas

this has been what i've been searching for for ages. i may have to say i'd be down for this.

is there a writeup somewhere with a list of needed parts? i can't find it anywhere. I would mass produce these myself for people if I just knew how to do it (Certified Electrician since high school)

Mine does this. It started when I got my alarm installed. I'm pretty sure it's just a relay

Mine does this. It started when I got my alarm installed. I'm pretty sure it's just a relay

yeah yours is just a relay inside of the alarm unit. lots of them come with that option, its pretty cool. but for those of us who want just the windows to roll down would want just the unit itsself.

as for vampirate, i believe someone did a write up about this somewhere on here. did a quick search but didnt find it.

man, this would be awesome. As someone who drives with the windows down constantly, I would love a plug-n-play setup for this. I don't really want to splice, install resistors, all that sort of thing. Keep us updates as to what you find out.

yeah yours is just a relay inside of the alarm unit. lots of them come with that option, its pretty cool. but for those of us who want just the windows to roll down would want just the unit itsself.

as for vampirate, i believe someone did a write up about this somewhere on here. did a quick search but didnt find it.

no it's just a relay separate from the alarm unit... my windows can be controlled from my alarm... the relay is hooked up to an aux wire from the alarm brain... even if i unhook the alarm my windows still has the one push feature... if i hold it for more than a second then it works like a regular switch or if i push twice on it it stops the window... besides that it is a nice feature... i'm loving the one push for all the way up or all the way down... although it does take some time to get used to if you don't want the window to go all the way

Found this, but from what I can tell, one per switch is required...a little cost prohibitive. Vampyrate, how much was that unit for your Elantra?

So, about the same as buying 4 of those from summit. Placing them all and wiring them all up would probably be a major pain tho.

exactly, the one that i had for my elantra went onto the driver's side and it was good to go on all 4 doors

So, about the same as buying 4 of those from summit. Placing them all and wiring them all up would probably be a major pain tho.

With relays you could make one work. I have it all in my head, if I get a chance ill download the instructions and do a write up on it.

Yes it would be a major pain the the arse to wire it all up. :)

Back