Is the Aux Mod still the best way for an aux input to the factory radio?

M4Carbine

:
2002 Protege5
I really want to play music from my mp3 player through my radio but those fm transmitters suck and I don't have a factory input in my 02 P5. Is this still the only/best option? I've read that a lot of people have had problems with the units themselves and the service from the company so I don't want to waste my time and money on it if there is something better. Thanks.

Honestly, your best bet is probably an aftermarket head unit with an aux input. Just about any head unit you buy aftermarket, assuming you don't buy some cheap generic crap, will improve your system. But that's just my opinion, I don't really know much about AuxMod.

Apparently you can also get the input for the Mazda3 stereo and it will work. Don't know the full details about it. The guy at my dealer said it wouldn't work, but I know people that have had it work. But you don't get ipod control though it.

When I had the Auxmod it worked fine, but it is pretty bare bones with just an audio jack. But yeah, new head unit is probably the easiest way of dealing with it.

Dude , for 100 bucks , I got this unit from Crutchfield. I comes with the wiring harness , dash kit & instructions to install it. It has about 5x the power of the stock unit , Aux input and USB input are right there on the front. I load a thumb drive with a few hundred songs and bye bye messy CD's. If I go on a long trip , plug in the iPod and my whole music library is on there. It even glows red like stock..... I can't see spending 1 dime on anything for the factory radio. Just my opinion... :)

2008-11-05_1.jpg

That and with aftermarket head units they alway sound better and later on you can run an amp to upgraded door speakers get a sub etc. Either way go with aftermarket get everything from crutch field they give u dumby proof instructions

Dude , for 100 bucks , I got this unit from Crutchfield. I comes with the wiring harness , dash kit & instructions to install it. It has about 5x the power of the stock unit , Aux input and USB input are right there on the front. I load a thumb drive with a few hundred songs and bye bye messy CD's. If I go on a long trip , plug in the iPod and my whole music library is on there. It even glows red like stock..... I can't see spending 1 dime on anything for the factory radio. Just my opinion... :)

2008-11-05_1.jpg

Holy crap. That's a great deal. Got a link?

Buy it!!!

I just installed an auxmod a few weeks ago, I love it! It took 5 minutes to install (didnt even remove the head unit) it works for calling through the stereo on my droid x as well. Inexpensive, easy solution to an aux in.

Jmoore

Back