Is it possible to buy the blind spot monitoring system as addition?

omarko

:
CX-5 GT Petrol
hi all,

Question : is it possible to add the blind spot monitoring system as an addition once the car has been bought ? We had our CX-5 for 5 months now and since we put the shades on rear windows for the bubs, its hard to see through when changing lanes so I thought the blind spot monitoring system would be very handy.

I have seen few third party ones but before I go down that route, I wanted to ask if its possible to get a genuine Mazda one and if someone has done that. If yes, what was the cost of the exercise?

cheers

Slightly off topic, but I am a fan of Aussie slang and I had not heard "bubs" before. Care to explain for a curious American? (thumb)

The old style small round convex mirrors work good too, probably better than the blind spot. I have the blind spot on mine and its not 100%. I wouldn't completely rely on it. I've had drivers speeding/closing in fast and if I had changed lanes in front of their path while they were closing fast than they possibly could have hit me. The blind spot works best for those drivers who linger in that area.

Back